530s-steve

folding rear seat??

morning all, whilst mooching around my donor car this morning i noticed it has a locking folding split rear seat, i've never seen one before, is it unusual?, is it worth saving?, cheers, steve

This was an optional extra which I had fitted when I ordered my car in 2001. It is very useful on occasions but I don't think it is particularly rare. You see them up for sale from time to time.

Worth saving I'd say. Not that common and desirable as makes the saloon more practical. I had the ski bag on my e36 and made use of it on a good number of occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super useful, I picked up a 4x3m rug a couple weeks back from Hay on Wye....

The look on the faces of people passing by was a picture as the rug disappeared in through the boot and was folded a bit before the boot lid was closed...

As said it's useful and quite rare but it's a pig to retrofit in a car that didn't have it as it requires the bulkhead cutting out and some welding, So i'd only save it if you had unlimited space.

I've got them on my saloon, had them on my old Passat and then not on my E34, it's surprising how much I missed them! 

You will notice that a saloon so equipped has far less "buckety" rear seats than one without! But who cares about people in the back anyway? 

to be honest it isn't much use to me, but for a cloth trim it's not in bad shape, if anyone want's it for nout you'll have to come and take it out ;)