Pye in the sky at the mo chris..want it done but am saving for family holiday.

If we can get a deal for a stage 1 for my 530 then maybe i'll chuck it on the card.

Thanks yeah looking forward to it how much you reckon it's be for stuff I want.. On the website now its states they do a gearbox remap too which I will do aswell

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

The gearbox software upgrade was around £75 .. he was waiting to get it when I had mine done ..so I never had it done .. and I don't fancy a 400mile trip to get it done at the minute.. although I would like it done mate .

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Any issues since?.

None at all Chu, 😊 zero issues with the work they have done the car runs great , more than enough power for me , although I would like the software upgrade on my gearbox 🤔

None at all Chu, 😊 zero issues with the work they have done the car runs great , more than enough power for me , although I would like the software upgrade on my gearbox 🤔

Its not a update I've had that it's actually a remap thy map so it smother and torque converter engages quicker

I intended to get my DPF gutted if and when I get a problem, but wouldn't go down that route now that random checks are in place and garages offering gutting/ removal are being targeted for offering this service.

http://workshopmagazine.co.uk/2017/01/03/advertising-standards-agency-rules-against-dpf-removal-advertisement/

I currently use Carly to request a regen from time to time, and take it for a run where I can hope to create the conditions required for a regen. So far so good...!

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Well, the Carly app allegedly reports the distance since last regen but it does it in metres which isn't too handy. All I've ever looked for is that this distance has decreased to something reasonable after I've requested a regen. I just set up the conditions as best I can (motorway for me, 2-2.5k rpm, more than 1/4 tank of fuel, coolant sits high 80's/low 90's) 20-30 miles and hope for the best.

The DPF business used to worry the bejasus out of me when I first got the car, and I could do more to monitor things, but now I do what I can be bothered with and enjoy driving it. If the DPF does block irretrievably despite my somewhat haphazard efforts I'll tackle it then.

Edited: And have a read if the doc posted in the 'DPF cleaner' thread.

Thanks I guess that pretty similar to what I do but never looked at the distance I just drive at constant speed that's if traffic permits and hope for the best it's a shame carley never incorporated something like a red light then turns green for a successful regen

That's useful. Last time I looked on the Carly site there was nothing to indicate whether the figures reported for the various things monitored were good or bad news.

I need to get round to buying Carly and the OBD module.

I really wish we knew the actual facts regarding DPF regens. In theory the car should be able to perform one whenever its required by controlling the thermostats (assuming they are healthy). Obviously open road driving with higher revs will help get the exhaust temp up but the car should be able to do this itself.

My last 2 regens have occurred whilst I've been sat in slow moving traffic on my way to work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Chu said:

I heard forced regens are bad for the car and you should only do it a couple of times.

I have also heard a forced regen is bad and requires an oil change etc afterwards but I can't understand why? All your doing is asking the car to perform a regen like it does itself? Does anyone know any different? 

Sadly carly does not read on grams?

If your app doesn't already report the readings in grammes you should be able to change the settings so that it does.

This pic was just before schlepping up to Scotland last year - 420 miles. Plenty of time and distance for regen.

Screenshot_2016-04-25-18-44-24.png.1fa68

So had great reply from James going to book the car in for dpf gut with the stage 1 and a dyno also getting gearbox update

This was the reply so good for others who can gauge on the pricing

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your enquiry. As a forum member, you receive 10% discount off of all the below retail prices.

Cost for complete DPF removal on your vehicle is £450 including VAT. 

That includes the physical removal of the filter and the ECU reprogram to prevent future DPF regeneration and warning lights, also included free of charge is a Stage 1 ECU Remap to improve the performance and efficiency of the engine.Furthermore, once we have completed our DPF removal service we offer a lifetime guarantee against any future DPF issues and warning lights.

Our normal procedure is to remove the whole DPF unit from the vehicle, cut a small window on the engine face of the DPF, remove the internal filter before re-welding the window and refitting the whole DPF unit to the vehicle. Once back on the vehicle it is impossible to see that the DPF has been removed, therefore the vehicle will appear unmodified and will pass the MOT visual inspection.

The whole process takes approx 4 hours (Some additional time depending on below added options) and you are welcome to wait while the work is done. We have a heated waiting room with TV and wifi access if you would like to wait while the work is done, or some customers take a short taxi ride down to cribs causeway which is a large shopping centre with restaurants, cinema etc.. 

Some of the common upgrades people go for with this package are (at discounted prices below);

- EGR Deletion (See attached document) + £50 including VAT

- Swirl Flap Deletion + £200 including VAT

- Stage 2 Remap (As long as the DPF and EGR have been Deleted/Removed) + £50 including VAT

- Gearbox update + £90 including VAT

- Dyno Service + £60 including VAT

You can mix and match the above options or we offer a full package which compromises of everything we have discussed in this email for £825 including VAT

We operate a booking deposit system to secure all appointments, please call us on 01454 800117 to discuss availability and arrange your dedicate slot.

I look forward to hearing from you

Kind Regards

James Pearson - Business Manager

Gareth Jones - Director