dog man

1997 Glacier Green 528i Touring £500 PICS

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys no pics but just for now, I've got a car previously owned by a good friend from the radio stn days and an ex bbc guy not to mention author! lol, anyway well looked after car with substantial history file. He owned her for 14years (with invoice for purchase etc) I think it was around £14,000. Then for the last year owned by my best man as his run around now a little tired but actually still rust free and externally pretty much perfect. Interior is fine also.  

Glacier Green, 166k plenty of power good gearbox etc. Nice dark green interior with really dark green leather. Roulette style alloys with winter tyres rear and I believe 'normal' fronts. 

Just needs TLC has bit of an oil leak as is evident after a drive (smell) but it's not cam cover as he had this done. 

Possibly of interest to someone as is, else I'm going to 'restore' it and market it later this month in a higher price bracket with everything taken care of.  

Useless without pics I know, will get them tommorrow!

Pics! 

E39%20528i%20NS%20Rear.jpg

E39%20528i%20OS%20Rear.jpg

E39%20528i%20OS%20Front.jpg

E39%20528i%20interior.jpg

Edited by dog man

Auto

Get some pics up ;) 

So externally it's very clean save for a small dent on the edge of the roof where years ago the son's basketball net/stand thingy fell on it. 

Also the boot springs don't hold the tailgate so theres a majestic stick! 

It's just had a new battery literally a week or so ago. 

Really needs TLC, no shudders, wobbles or anything like that but would respond well to a good clean, the paintwork is all original. Headlamps have gone the way they all do as you can see, that type of thing.   

I spotted the oil leak today and it is the cam cover gasket.

It's got a few technical issues namely the pass seat occupancy sensor throwing the airbag light and it requires a cam sensor so it's a bit sluggish until you get the revs up. It also requires pads as the wear indicator is on. Also a service, again inspection lights on.

MOT 'til Sept 2017 and it has the rather rare built in rear booster seats (like some Volvo's etc)

Call me anytime on 07833 990 638

Edited by dog man

If you weren't so far away I'd have this for a daily hack... Looks to be a bargain

Hey guys the car is still available I haven't re advertised s I decided to sort all the issues out. She now runs great, I have been through the timing whilst fitting new vanos seals, headlamps have been buffed and a general tidy up, she looks really well. I will get some pics up. Anyone interested/offers I'm all ears! 

urquattro likes this

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:26 AM, dog man said:

Hey guys the car is still available I haven't re advertised s I decided to sort all the issues out. She now runs great, I have been through the timing whilst fitting new vanos seals, headlamps have been buffed and a general tidy up, she looks really well. I will get some pics up. Anyone interested/offers I'm all ears! 

Guide price please

Sorry ! 

For forum.5 members - £1000

Near Harpenden, St Albans