plumajp

business or professional nav?

Business Nav will have a smaller iDrive screen, one CD slot on the centre console, and the nav will show arrows instead of a map (LCI models had 2D maps).

bmw-1-e60-business-navigation-MASK.jpg

Professional Nav had a wider screen which could be split to show two different info simultaneously (e.g. Music info and Sat Nav map), two CD slots on the centre console, 2D and 3D map for the nav 

bmw-1-e60-professional-navigation-CCC_1.

Just as an aside, you say you have 1 Nav slot and 1 changer slot... You should find that 'changer' slot is a single CD drive. If you have a 6 disc changer it'll be accessed in the glove box.

If you have a plastic panel in the rear face of the glove box, it can be removed to show the mounting frame, fuses, relays, etc. You may even have the green fibre optic cable if the decode for your chassis number includes 'preparation for cd changer'.

ah right because the cd unit had buttons 1-6 on the front and volume I presumed it was a In dash changer. 

Im gutted i don't have a USB port in glove box.  Only 3.5mm jack at rear.  Being a 2008 lci I thought it would have had USB.   Any tips on connecting iPod with steering wheel and idrive control .

USB was an optional extra I think. 

As for the iPod question, I think there is a kit from BMW that you can buy. It simply replaces the CD changer (if you have one in the glove box), but people have also mentioned about an aftermarket kit called Dension.