plumajp

picked up E61 last night and have a few Q's

hi guys, I picked up my E61 2008 tourer last night 520d m sport auto.  LCI model with the older type climate control knobs.

do all the e61 tourers have air suspension on the rear?  how can I tell if mine does or doesn't?

I can't seem to get hot air to come out of the centre dash vents.  I' ve got the temp set to max, control knob set to face, the idrive climate temp setting is to the red bar, but the air temp is luke warm (engine fully warmed up asi had  been driving for 2.5 hours taking the car home)   hot comes out of window setting and feet setting but not face setting.   Auto is off and A/C is off.  Any ideas?

Sat nav disc is missing, so perhaps the seller removed it to hide that sat nav is broken. (is there anyone local to S.wales (Cardiff/Swansea) with a nav disc I could try to see if my unit is fired?  beer tokens involved.  form an orderly queue.

Anything else I need to check?  I bought this last minute without doing my normal research into the common faults etc so I couldn't give it a good going over unfortunately.  its a non sunroof model so shouldn't suffer with water in the boot issue but I will be checking anyway when I get to time to lay my hands on her.

Thanks in advance.

AFAIK all E61 do have rear air suspension.

Warm air problem quite possibly down to stuck flaps or broken teeth on flap gears - was very common on Vx Vectra and a pig to fix as requires access to the heater box behind the dash.

4 hours ago, plumajp said:

hi guys, I picked up my E61 2008 tourer last night 520d m sport auto.  LCI model with the older type climate control knobs.

do all the e61 tourers have air suspension on the rear?  how can I tell if mine does or doesn't?

I can't seem to get hot air to come out of the centre dash vents.  I' ve got the temp set to max, control knob set to face, the idrive climate temp setting is to the red bar, but the air temp is luke warm (engine fully warmed up asi had  been driving for 2.5 hours taking the car home)   hot comes out of window setting and feet setting but not face setting.   Auto is off and A/C is off.  Any ideas?

Sat nav disc is missing, so perhaps the seller removed it to hide that sat nav is broken. (is there anyone local to S.wales (Cardiff/Swansea) with a nav disc I could try to see if my unit is fired?  beer tokens involved.  form an orderly queue.

Anything else I need to check?  I bought this last minute without doing my normal research into the common faults etc so I couldn't give it a good going over unfortunately.  its a non sunroof model so shouldn't suffer with water in the boot issue but I will be checking anyway when I get to time to lay my hands on her.

Thanks in advance.

Sat nav - one cd slot or two?

Yes it appears to be accurate in all 4 BMWs I've owned plus the three my parents have owned.

A 2006 vintage E61 is pre LCi so may well be M47 engine. Atleast you don't have the worry of rattly timing chains.

Edited by 535iAR

2 minutes ago, 535iAR said:

Yes it appears to be accurate in all 4 BMWs I've owned plus the three my parents have owned.

A 2006 vintage E61 is pre LCi so may well be M47 engine. Atleast you don't have the worry of rattly timing chains.

Cheers, used variations of sites like that before but there's always been discrepancies.

Just to play with the flaps then..

A 62 reg will not have a nav disc, it's a hard drive on those.

all E61's have rear air suspension.  The N47 engine was Sept 2007 onwards, With timing chain issues

Edited by E39touring