Medved77

000011: Left Rear Seat Belt Tensioners

Hi,

I've got the air bag light on the dash, have read the codes which suggest the Left Rear Seat Belt Tensioner is at fault.

ab487a23e01781febeaf76a7bcff2847.jpg

The E39 Touring seems to have 4 different air bag modules, the only one that mentions rear seat tensioners is the MRS4 version.

I've read through many posts on the issue but none mention issues at the rear, most discuss a bypass of the passenger seat occupancy sensor.

I think the issue may be with the tensioner that sits in the spindle that the belt retracts in to.

Can anyone confirm this and if so, is it just a case of swapping out the belt and then clearing the code?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

There is no pretensions in the rear.as you have a bst fault it may be that that's causing the code, look like you need to replace/repair the +terminal 

2 hours ago, Tomrx7 said:

There is no pretensions in the rear.as you have a bst fault it may be that that's causing the code, look like you need to replace/repair the +terminal 

Thanks for the reply. I sorted this some time ago by replacing the airbag module. 

17 minutes ago, Tomrx7 said:

Sorry about that this popped up in my post didn't notice it was an old post 

No problem, I appreciate the reply.  I should have updated this thread with my findings previously.