pauliexjr

Trump, trump, trumpety trump!

454 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

Surely a better word is dual passport rather than dual nationality and again I would suggest heritage is separate from nationality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm dual nationality and I have two passports lol. And yes you are correct, heritage is something different. 

4 hours ago, Karl said:

You are confusing Nationality with heritage. British people have ancestors who have come from all over the world, very few can trace their ancestors back to ancient Britons, and even they came from somewhere else..

Here's a question, you say that you are both a British and South African National, so if whilst you were on an extended visit to South Africa, some large, powerful and unfriendly country decides to try to invade. The South African Government impediments emergency measures and drafts all male South African Nationals to repel the invading forces... Do you as a proud South African stay and fight or do you get your backside off PDQ to the British Embassy, waving your British passport at the door?

Yep, my apologies. People use those two terms interchangeably and I got used to it.

I would probably stay and fight. However, the UK vs South Africa, I would stay out ;) Conflict of interest and all that...perhaps why they don't accept people of dual nationality at Mi6. As I've said, I'm proud to be South African and British. Taking away one will be like losing a part of my identity.

7 hours ago, Nomis said:

I was born in minehead Somerset (this day in '71 incidentally) was brought up in Shropshire and have now lived in Yorkshire for 17 years so what does that make me? emoji15.png

Happy birthday! :D

39 minutes ago, cocomillion said:

Saudi solution to refugees.

Some would argue the Israeli state is a terror state where genocide is the norm..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Do you believe him?... Israel is a terror state where genocide is the norm? Didn't Iran say not so long ago that they would wipe Israel off the face of the map?.... Fact is, the Middle East is a cesspit filled with hate and if Trump wants to keep it out of the US, then a temporary ban whilst the US devises a suitable means of vetting folk who come from there, then I fail to see why that is unreasonable..

urquattro and Chu like this

1 hour ago, HotboxDeluxe said:

Problem with that is, all the "islamic" terrorist attacks in the USA since 9/11 were perpetrated by US nationals, or folks from countries not on the list. The gay bar disco shootings? Shooter was born in New York, parents from Afghanistan - Afghanistan is not on the list. The Boston Marathon bombings? Chechens. Chechnya is not on the list. 9/11 itself? Saudi, UAE, Egyptian. All conspicuously absent from this list of 'countries which apparently smuggle terrorists into the USA'.

The only thing this is going to achieve is to deepen the divide. Completely counterproductive.

As I said, it wasn't Trump who identified these countries, the great liberal leader did...

It was reported this morning in the Russian press that the US administration has approached the Russians about a joint military effort to establish a safe zone in Syria for refugees... OK, it could be nonsense but would that not be a positive step, along side the US administration's decision to keep out of any further foreign wars?

Just the establishment of a safe zone in that hell hole would mean more military involvement than has been 'needed' already.

12 hours ago, DerekJr. said:

I have dual nationality (British and South African) and I wouldn't want to lose either of them. I'm proud of my dual heritage. It's a win - win situation, unless you want to work at Mi6. No extra paperwork needed when going to South Africa or worrying about Visas if I decide to stay more than 90 days there.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy being British but I'm also happy being South African and I think it's a very close minded thing to say to someone of a dual heritage to just pick one and stick with it. The world isn't as black and white as that. What happens when you meet someone who is a mixed race person? My mom is black and my dad is white, and I always correct people when they call me black. It's not that I feel like I'm more white than black or vice versa, it's just that I am proud of my dual heritage and dual race.

Well in this country, you are black. Where you're from you're coloured. Strange how it works differently over there and here.

6 hours ago, Karl said:

Here's a question, you say that you are both a British and South African National, so if whilst you were on an extended visit to South Africa, some large, powerful and unfriendly country decides to try to invade. The South African Government impediments emergency measures and drafts all male South African Nationals to repel the invading forces... Do you as a proud South African stay and fight or do you get your backside off PDQ to the British Embassy, waving your British passport at the door?

He would run for his life as South Africa has no military left. Lol

Do you believe him?... Israel is a terror state where genocide is the norm? Didn't Iran say not so long ago that they would wipe Israel off the face of the map?.... Fact is, the Middle East is a cesspit filled with hate and if Trump wants to keep it out of the US, then a temporary ban whilst the US devises a suitable means of vetting folk who come from there, then I fail to see why that is unreasonable..

I have no reason not to believe the Saudi minister.

Iran is no Better than the Zionist state. If anything Iran is the flip side of the same coin.

Iran's ridiculous claim is nearly just that a claim where as the daily bombardment of Israel on what remains of Palatine is a bitter reality. Besides Jimmy carter adminstration had a role to play in what is the Iran we know and loathe

The middle East is indeed a troubled region one that we have had a fair share to do with over the years resulting in the current state.

Terrorism isn't Americas biggest killer. That goes to gun crime. Factually proven more people die of guns then of terrorism. Not to say terrorism isn't a threat.

Terrorism is a cancer! And as a people we need to tackle and overcome this calamity! Trumps way of divide and conquer was a clever strategy to get elected but not adequate to defeat terrorism.

To defeat terrorism prevention is the key ( not trumps idea of prevention which means vetting and banning people of a particular faith entering the states, this only serves to further cause tension and feed the terrorist propaganda for there recruitment).

The would be terrorist needs to know the correct understanding of his faith. Doing so will make it more difficult for them to become radicallised by those who are noting more then blood merchants preying upon the ignorant to achieve their own political goals.

http://www.islamagainstextremism.com

Peace

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MFM said:

Well in this country, you are black. Where you're from you're coloured. Strange how it works differently over there and here.

Incorrect. I'm mixed race in this country. Do you know application forms and surveys have more choices than "Black", "White", and "Asian" in present days, right? 

Yeah in South Africa I'm coloured. It's not a derogatory term there.  

HotboxDeluxe likes this

2 hours ago, HotboxDeluxe said:

Just the establishment of a safe zone in that hell hole would mean more military involvement than has been 'needed' already.

What do you suggest is a reasonable solution bearing in mind that there will be no solution till the good folk of the Middle East stop blowing holes in each other when they have no Westerners to blow holes in? Granted, the West does have more than its fair share of blame to carry but they would have found some other reason to kill each other or Israelis at some point..

2 minutes ago, DerekJr. said:

Incorrect. I'm mixed race in this country. Do you know application forms and surveys have more choices than "Black", "White", and "Asian" in present days, right? 

Yeah in South Africa I'm coloured. It's not a derogatory term there.  

But if someone called you coloured here, would you be offended? I suspect that you probably wouldn't... I think that even the confusion of your correct description highlights the issues that have been generated by the PC brigade to make almost every description of you offensive and folk feel awkward about this and this is partly why folk are kicking back at the establishment that has embraced the plague of political correctness..

21 minutes ago, Karl said:

But if someone called you coloured here, would you be offended? I suspect that you probably wouldn't... I think that even the confusion of your correct description highlights the issues that have been generated by the PC brigade to make almost every description of you offensive and folk feel awkward about this and this is partly why folk are kicking back at the establishment that has embraced the plague of political correctness..

No I wouldn't be offended because I was called that half of my life and it wasn't used as a derogatory term. In fact, I called myself coloured when I moved to the UK, but I've learnt that isn't a very PC term here (as well as the USA). However, if I was from the USA or lived my whole life in the UK, I probably would mind it. Btw, coloured means mixed race in South Africa, not black. 

I don't understand what you mean when you say "make almost every description of you offensive". Can you elaborate, please?

25 minutes ago, DerekJr. said:

I don't understand what you mean when you say "make almost every description of you offensive". Can you elaborate, please?

Ah! You see. I would have called you coloured but it appears that is not the right description. I hasn't offended you but It may offend someone else. I was under the impression that it was seen as offensive to call you black. .. I certainly wouldn't use any derogatory terms to you and really don't want to offend....If you see what I mean

2 minutes ago, Karl said:

Ah! You see. I would have called you coloured but it appears that is not the right description. I hasn't offended you but It may offend someone else. I was under the impression that it was seen as offensive to call you black. .. I certainly wouldn't use any derogatory terms to you and really don't want to offend....If you see what I mean

It's not offensive to call me Black, White, Arab, or Asian. But if people are going to label me, I prefer for them to use the correct one. In fact, I have been called Turkish, Arab, and Indian by uneducated chavs in the past. I just laughed and told them that they are incorrect. They looked surprised when I spoke English with a South African/British accent as if their brains exploded.

Karl and HotboxDeluxe like this

if people are going to label me, I prefer for them to use the correct one. In fact, I have been called Turkish, Arab, and Indian by uneducated chavs in the past. I just laughed and told them that they are incorrect.

I used to get "paki" which was pretty upsetting as a child, then an actual black kid came to our school (it was the 80s and I'm from a small town) and he got "paki" as well which demonstrated that there was nothing wrong with me, or him, but the people doing the name-calling being f*****g stupid since then I've either laughed it off or responded with violence come to think of it I haven't been called a paki all this century...people must be getting (a bit) cleverer.

DerekJr. likes this

3 hours ago, DerekJr. said:

No I wouldn't be offended because I was called that half of my life and it wasn't used as a derogatory term. In fact, I called myself coloured when I moved to the UK, but I've learnt that isn't a very PC term here (as well as the USA). However, if I was from the USA or lived my whole life in the UK, I probably would mind it. Btw, coloured means mixed race in South Africa, not black. 

You can see you're not from the Cape Flats as those coloureds don't get offended by anything. Plus you probably still have your two front teeth. Lol

3 hours ago, HotboxDeluxe said:

I used to get "paki" which was pretty upsetting as a child, then an actual black kid came to our school (it was the 80s and I'm from a small town) and he got "paki" as well which demonstrated that there was nothing wrong with me, or him, but the people doing the name-calling being f*****g stupid emoji23.png since then I've either laughed it off or responded with violence emoji6.png come to think of it I haven't been called a paki all this century...people must be getting (a bit) cleverer.

Ha! I just put it down to kids being kids. Especially at that young age, people just want to fit in. 

2 hours ago, MFM said:

You can see you're not from the Cape Flats as those coloureds don't get offended by anything. Plus you probably still have your two front teeth. Lol

Lmao, that would be correct. I lived in Durban so I wasn't surrounded by the Cape "coloureds" nor did I speak Afrikaans (African Dutch) which a majority of Cape coloured do. If I went to Cape Town and spoke English to a Cape coloured, they would probably look at me weirdly and think why am I speaking funny because 1) I have more of an English speaker South African accent, and 2) I don't mix Afrikaans and English in the same sentence. Yes, I still have all my teeth lmao

MFM likes this

So The Ginger One has now sacked the acting Attorney General for 'betraying' the department for refusing to enforce Trumps latest brainwave.

I guess that's a recognised tactic;

1. Introduce something you are sure some senior officials will kick off over.

2. Replace them with one of your acolytes.

3. Repeat as necessary.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, pidgeonpost said:

So The Ginger One has now sacked the acting Attorney General for 'betraying' the department for refusing to enforce Trumps latest brainwave.

I guess that's a recognised tactic;

1. Introduce something you are sure some senior officials will kick off over.

2. Replace them with one of your acolytes.

3. Repeat as necessary.

emoji53.png

What would you have done in the face of defiance? It just shows he's determined to follow through on his promises. Good job I say.

urquattro likes this

Good on the former Attorney General for having a spine and attempting to uphold the law.

5 minutes ago, HotboxDeluxe said:

Good on the former Attorney General for having a spine and attempting to uphold the law.

What exactly is 'unlawful' about this?

5 minutes ago, MFM said:

What would you have done in the face of defiance? It just shows he's determined to follow through on his promises. Good job I say.

USA has been woken up, hopefully to its good after mess of Obama time and Congress/Senate farce.

USA now has a Christian ? business orientated equivalent to Moscow's participant in the chair, recon they scare one another to basic agreements.

The ban on seven countries was a fine token start, either admin crap or deliberately ballsed up by intent.

This county is full of left luvies, destroying any natural vestige of our heritage via overcrowding within a social fabric that is overwhelmed, underfunded and managed by short term politicians within short appointment terms coupled with normal voting cycle.

Come here Donald, we may not fully agreeable on things, you will make it and UK should be there extending a fair amount of diplomacy and back up - Well done to TM whose presentation skills have shown all that standards can be/have been set.

As for Sturgeon and SNP, I wouldn't insult my forebearers from there by linking that fine country and people to this pain of her and Salmond,

Wake up and get rid of those two - you must have better management than the national rubbish presently inflicted.

If you don't like UK then go live elsewhere and within other borders, if you chose to stay we are OUT, will welcome Trump, no one logical will lob the bomb/grenade, China is a business nation now but hindered by the North Korean monster - they may well seek a solution.

EUSSR, I have no idea how the cabel can possibly retain power for much longer - there is a social/political storm about to hit.

early morning reply - probably now a fascist or k/k member.:rolleyes:

What exactly is 'unlawful' about this?

People who have approved green cards and visas not being allowed back into the US perhaps?

The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 explicitly says that no person can be “discriminated against in the issuance of an immigrant visa because of the person’s race, sex, nationality, place of birth or place of residence.”

I wonder if there was any dialogue between them prior to her dismissal? That would have been my approach.

Given Trump's style I think it's more likely to be another example of his 'shoot from the lip' style of 'statesmanship'.