Jump to content
pauliexjr

Trump, trump, trumpety trump!

Recommended Posts

He's half man half machine.

"Bought a speak and spell, stuck it to my chest

And wrap some f*****g tinfoil to my head and to my vest

Walking down the street, my next door neighbors not impressed

I'm a robot and buying ten fags is my quest"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Karl said:

But it isn't just a piece of paper is it?... I would go so far as to say that you should have one nationality only. If one's allegiances lie elsewhere, then convenience is not a good reason for British Nationality.. 

I've read your comment several times and it sounds like you're implying that certain nationals choose British nationality as a convenience? And you're probably right. 

But going back to your one nationality only rule, how would it work for me? I was born in South Africa to my white British parents that went over there to see if it was for them, had me whilst deciding on their (and mine) future and decided to return to England! 

I consider my self as British as I was around 6 months old when I came home but I do tell everyone who asks where I was born! And it always gets the same REALLY reaction as I'm not your typically dark skinned South African! 

So both my parents are British, both of their parents where/are British and my brother is British but yet I'm South African..... 

So if we could only have one nationality would I have to be South African? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

I've read your comment several times and it sounds like you're implying that certain nationals choose British nationality as a convenience? And you're probably right. 

But going back to your one nationality only rule, how would it work for me? I was born in South Africa to my white British parents that went over there to see if it was for them, had me whilst deciding on their (and mine) future and decided to return to England! 

I consider my self as British as I was around 6 months old when I came home but I do tell everyone who asks where I was born! And it always gets the same REALLY reaction as I'm not your typically dark skinned South African! 

So both my parents are British, both of their parents where/are British and my brother is British but yet I'm South African..... 

So if we could only have one nationality would I have to be South African? 

 

 

Of course not.... Just take your pick and stick with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have dual nationality (British and South African) and I wouldn't want to lose either of them. I'm proud of my dual heritage. It's a win - win situation, unless you want to work at Mi6. No extra paperwork needed when going to South Africa or worrying about Visas if I decide to stay more than 90 days there.  

 

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy being British but I'm also happy being South African and I think it's a very close minded thing to say to someone of a dual heritage to just pick one and stick with it. The world isn't as black and white as that. What happens when you meet someone who is a mixed race person? My mom is black and my dad is white, and I always correct people when they call me black. It's not that I feel like I'm more white than black or vice versa, it's just that I am proud of my dual heritage and dual race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was born in minehead Somerset (this day in '71 incidentally) was brought up in Shropshire and have now lived in Yorkshire for 17 years so what does that make me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nomis said:

I was born in minehead Somerset (this day in '71 incidentally) was brought up in Shropshire and have now lived in Yorkshire for 17 years so what does that make me? emoji15.png

Banned..:lol:

 

Oh and happy birthday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I was born in minehead Somerset (this day in '71 incidentally) was brought up in Shropshire and have now lived in Yorkshire for 17 years so what does that make me?

Like most people I imagine.

Oh and happy birthday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely a better word is dual passport rather than dual nationality and again I would suggest heritage is separate from nationality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But dual passport would signify you have 2 passports? 

I have only one passport but 2 nationality's hence dual nationality ;) 

 

i too am very proud to of been born in South Africa! So if push come to shove and I had to choose I think I'd be choosing my place of birth instead of where I reside! 

 

And yep heritage is completely different to nationality! 

 

@nomis that makes you an old Cnut! :lol: happy birthday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nomis said:

I was born in minehead Somerset (this day in '71 incidentally) was brought up in Shropshire and have now lived in Yorkshire for 17 years so what does that make me? emoji15.png

One step ahead of the Police and six years younger than me but nowhere near as handsome.... Happy Birthday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HotboxDeluxe said:

Populism wins votes but fixes nothing.

Probably the most sensible statement I have read for a very long time. You should have ©HotboxDeluxe behind it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nomis said:

I was born in minehead Somerset (this day in '71 incidentally) was brought up in Shropshire and have now lived in Yorkshire for 17 years so what does that make me? emoji15.png

 

Happy Birthday mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DerekJr. said:

I have dual nationality (British and South African) and I wouldn't want to lose either of them. I'm proud of my dual heritage. It's a win - win situation, unless you want to work at Mi6. No extra paperwork needed when going to South Africa or worrying about Visas if I decide to stay more than 90 days there.  

 

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy being British but I'm also happy being South African and I think it's a very close minded thing to say to someone of a dual heritage to just pick one and stick with it. The world isn't as black and white as that. What happens when you meet someone who is a mixed race person? My mom is black and my dad is white, and I always correct people when they call me black. It's not that I feel like I'm more white than black or vice versa, it's just that I am proud of my dual heritage and dual race.

You are confusing Nationality with heritage. British people have ancestors who have come from all over the world, very few can trace their ancestors back to ancient Britons, and even they came from somewhere else..

Here's a question, you say that you are both a British and South African National, so if whilst you were on an extended visit to South Africa, some large, powerful and unfriendly country decides to try to invade. The South African Government impediments emergency measures and drafts all male South African Nationals to repel the invading forces... Do you as a proud South African stay and fight or do you get your backside off PDQ to the British Embassy, waving your British passport at the door?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway, back to the Trumpster... How come folk have gotten all upset about a temporary ban on folk from certain countries entering the US, yet were tickety boo about Bush and then Obama blowing folk to bits? Seems to me that if he can wrap his head round how to stop this mindless slaughter at the risk of upsetting a few celebrities and the media, then his brash yobishness can be forgiven....Obviously time will tell. It would be good also for him to sit down with Mad Vlad Putin and discuss the issue caused by the US and EU over in Ukraine.... The US/NATO Tanks placed on the Russian border in Poland by that great liberal icon Obama really cant be a help.... Let's face it, if Hillary had won, HotBox learning to speak Russian would have been a second priority to finding lead lined boxer shorts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Karl said:

You are confusing Nationality with heritage. British people have ancestors who have come from all over the world, very few can trace their ancestors back to ancient Britons, and even they came from somewhere else..

Here's a question, you say that you are both a British and South African National, so if whilst you were on an extended visit to South Africa, some large, powerful and unfriendly country decides to try to invade. The South African Government impediments emergency measures and drafts all male South African Nationals to repel the invading forces... Do you as a proud South African stay and fight or do you get your backside off PDQ to the British Embassy, waving your British passport at the door?

 

Stay and fight! 

 

Just like if that was to happen here in Blighty ;) 

 

but then if Britain and South Africa where to go to war I'd go to America.... :lol: 

Edited by Yokozuna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

Stay and fight! 

 

Just like if that was to happen here in Blighty ;) 

 

but then if Britain and South Africa where to go to war I'd go to America.... :lol: 

Fook off.... Trump wouldn't let you in 'cos you drive a Beemer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Probably the most sensible statement I have read for a very long time. You should have HotboxDeluxe behind it. 

I'm absurdly pleased by this. Printing and framing this statement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How come folk have gotten all upset about a temporary ban on folk from certain countries entering the US, yet were tickety boo about Bush and then Obama blowing folk to bits?

Who said anybody was fine with the first? I was one of the crowd of rabble protesting the Iraq invasion 15 years ago, fat lot of good that did, but just because you are powerless to stop something, doesn't mean you have to be complicit. And I'm not so much upset about this new ban from Emperor Spraytan as dumbfounded by how ill-conceived and counterproductive it's going to be. The Orange One has started digging out his own impeachment already, a lot of folks are hopping mad about this new thing, and it's not just luvvies, lefties and liberals. For much of the Conservative faction over there, the Constitution is beyond doubt and must be upheld at all costs. Donald Trump effed up quite seriously here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Donald stopped just one suicide bomber getting into USA over the week end - then fine, he has at least made a start to identify where some of the problems countries that produce the idiots in the name of religion.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem with that is, all the "islamic" terrorist attacks in the USA since 9/11 were perpetrated by US nationals, or folks from countries not on the list. The gay bar disco shootings? Shooter was born in New York, parents from Afghanistan - Afghanistan is not on the list. The Boston Marathon bombings? Chechens. Chechnya is not on the list. 9/11 itself? Saudi, UAE, Egyptian. All conspicuously absent from this list of 'countries which apparently smuggle terrorists into the USA'.

The only thing this is going to achieve is to deepen the divide. Completely counterproductive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn’t about the refugee ban (yet). It’s not about the ridiculous selection of countries, or the religious favoritism involved. This is about legal US residents being detained by executive order, without access to counsel or the legal system, based solely on where they were born. That is wrong, and quite frankly f*****g indefensible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
But, but, but President Trump didn't select these countries.... President Obama did. How many countries do not allow Israeli  passport holders in? I'll wager every one is an Islamic country..... Hell, It used to cost me a fortune visiting the UAE and Israel... I used to have to chuck my passport in the bath and then get a new one as the UAE wouldn't allow me entry if I had an Israeli entry stamp in my passport. A further question is what is Saudi Arabia, UAE and Kuwait doing with their refugees?

Saudi solution to refugees.

Some would argue the Israeli state is a terror state where genocide is the norm..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×