Medved77

A2DP Streaming with Carly Hardware Add On for £42

Just bought this:

http://www.ivini-tech.de/en/adapter/retrofit/carly-bluetooth-multimedia-aux-interface-for-5-and-6-series-bmw/a-9002

Was going to get the Kufatech version but this is significantly cheaper.

Will feedback once it arrives and I get time to install.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Do u have a link too the seller

Yeah, just edited first post, didn't see that I'd pasted the campaign link.

Fixed, cheers.

No, I have an aux input. 

Does it support APTX

then you don't require coding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the 2 wires from the existing aux connection are inserted into the connector on the Bluetooth unit then the wires on the Bluetooth unit go in place of the wires from the aux cable into the head unit.

Looks like you need the head unit out in any case.

Looks like the 2 wires from the existing aux connection are inserted into the connector on the Bluetooth unit then the wires on the Bluetooth unit go in place of the wires from the aux cable into the head unit.

Looks like you need the head unit out in any case.

I reckon those two cables are more likely for switched live and earth, no doubt it sits in line on connector though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received a 52 page pictorial instruction guide yesterday from Carly.  Within are 3 different methods depending on the type of aux in connection you have and it's location.

Strangely, they've requested that I don't share these instructions and also stated that they're watermarked with my order number.  So I'm not going to upload these but it doesn't seem particularly transparent for any potential purchasers.

Anyway, the jist of it is that you remove the ends of your aux cable from the plastic connector input side.  Solder these to the Carly Bluetooth module.  Solder a cable from the bluetooth module to a power source, likely 12v.  Insert the cables from the bluetooth module into the back of the plastic connector in place of the original aux cable.

Items not arrived yet and not sure when I'll have time to install.  I've planned to remove the centre console to install the CIC controller, wire up 2 (now 3) power sources to rear 12v sockets and replace the leather gators on the handbrake and gearstick so makes sense to do this all at the same time.

Forgot I started this thread. Carly Bluetooth module works brilliantly just in case anyone was considering the purchase.

What was the installation like

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Various ways of doing it, I avoided cutting the existing aux cable by creating a modular system with aux splitters. Pretty simple though if you have a power source that's easily accessible.

You get a comprehensive manual with it with 3 options depending on where your aux socket is.

9debe42a69a4988c26493b8859023f1e.jpg

So the module lays under the centre console?

What's the sound quality like?

It can go anywhere as long as you can solder inline with the aux cable and a power source.

I'm no audiophile but I've no complaints with the sound quality.