sayanthan

Russ Fellows Headers + 100 cell cats

34 posts in this topic

Difficult to say, two different cars, the power seems to kick in more earlier. Not had a good chance to really see what the top end is like between the traffic and the ice!

2002 CB BMW M5

2000 Orient Blue 540i Touring Auto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Go on then, I have to ask - What was the damage to the wallet? :D

£450 for fitting (changed out various mounts etc also) headers are £2050....I paid by card....I went for 100 cell fia approved cats which are slightly dearer than the 200cells.

2002 CB BMW M5

V8Warrior and 711jrp like this

That's not a bad price at all - I can't justify it just yet though........Yet.

Having said that, There's at least £150 of scrap value in the standard cats - Always a plus side!

Obviously there will be an increase in exhaust sound with 2 less cats, but is it much of an increase? as I'm at 104DB already with the standard system and a backbox delete - Any more and I won't be able to enjoy track time without adding some silencers :(

I've got a stock rear section and resonators....zero perceptible increase in volume....the oem resonators are supposed to be good for torque....rear back boxes, are straight through so worth changing if you want more volume......I sold my oem headers and cats....I got very good money on them, they were in good condition though, not too many miles on the car etc.

2002 CB BMW M5

V8Warrior likes this

£2k plus fitting for headers and cats sounds like very good value to me if they deliver the power increases promised by others. Will you head to a dyno to find out?

V8Warrior likes this

I should add in terms of additional parts I also bought 2 engine mounts , all the manifold gaskets head studs exhaust supports etc. From Cotswold BMW which cost me circa £450-500. You can get a lot cheaper if you don't go bmw. Within the manifolds+cats price of £2050 I had the cats fitted with v-band clamps so they're easy to swap out. So you can save a bit there too also if you want to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It's very probable that I'll be taking the Evolve headers and 200 cell cats off my M5 early in the new year.  The Russ Fellows headers are the same design as it was him that designed them for Evolve, Evolve subsequently went down a different design path that was cheaper to make and easier to fit.

This is what they looked like in 2010 when they were fitted

DSC_2130a.thumb.jpg.64e5ef19823a2944f9d0

DSC_2157a.thumb.jpg.4810396c8d65dc3ce8a9

They have subsequently had a balance pipe fitted that runs between the banks, just aft of the end of the under tray and two V Band Clamps to make removal easier.  I'll now be wanting them when they are removed, so if anyone wants to make me an offer...   Ideally I'll leave them at Munich Legends as that will save me having to cart them around the country.

Got any contact details so I can enquire about them?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Google Russ fellows fabrications

It's very probable that I'll be taking the Evolve headers and 200 cell cats off my M5 early in the new year.  The Russ Fellows headers are the same design as it was him that designed them for Evolve, Evolve subsequently went down a different design path that was cheaper to make and easier to fit.

This is what they looked like in 2010 when they were fitted

DSC_2130a.thumb.jpg.64e5ef19823a2944f9d065f095f549bd.jpg

DSC_2157a.thumb.jpg.4810396c8d65dc3ce8a9fd10f944d743.jpg

They have subsequently had a balance pipe fitted that runs between the banks, just aft of the end of the under tray and two V Band Clamps to make removal easier.  I'll now be wanting them when they are removed, so if anyone wants to make me an offer...   Ideally I'll leave them at Munich Legends as that will save me having to cart them around the country.

Willing to separate evolve cats from headers?

How much were evolve cats and did you notice an increase with cats?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I'm abroad at the moment - need to ask Russ F if these will go on an e39 540i - does it have rack and pinion steering?