Jameswsb

Facelift Headlight Trouble

The headlights on the M5 are doing my head in. They point really low which gives me about 10m visibility on an unlit road. I know adjusters tend to break but I have noticed that on startup the beam on both units moves up and then back down again like its trying to level off correctly. This to me suggests that the adjusters are fine? I remember reading somewhere a while ago about the mechanisms for self leveling on the front and rear suspension arms tend to seize up but I cant find the post. Can anyone give me any pointers?

Cheers 

Grab hold of the bulb holders and try to move them up & down, if they move then the adjusters are broken, zero movement in any direction indicates adjusters are ok, then you need to look at the self levelling arms

Mine moved up and down on startup but were broken nonetheless. New adjusters meant I was able to adjust the beams properly (I used the oven bake method)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Tried moving them this morning and there is quite a lot of movement, so it looks like new adjusters. 

10 hours ago, Jerome said:

Mine moved up and down on startup but were broken nonetheless. New adjusters meant I was able to adjust the beams properly (I used the oven bake method)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess that the only way is to crack the units open to replace the adjusters then Jerome?