dtg50

Goodyear Eagle F1 AS2 vs Kumho Ecsta le sport KU39

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of Kumho tyres, other that them being a sponsor of a BMW racing series I have not heard of them before.

They appear to be a mid market tyre & are Korean made. I am currently running Eagle F1s all round on my M5 but the rears are looking a bit low & will need to be changed within a few hundred miles. I have done some research & there seems to be quite a a lot of good things said for Kumho tyres in general & they also appear to be a lot cheaper than the Goodyear's. Cheaper does not always mean they are not as good which is why I am asking if any experience has any first hand of them.

Cheers

Dean.

I've had both tyres and rated both very well.

For the 'top end' of Budget tyres; the Kumho's do very well IMO and personally would say they're more mid-brand

I know a few folk had stated they had cracking issues with theirs; but I'd never had this and had used their tyres on various cars over the last few years and on my previous E38 too!

I must admit; I rated the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti tyres very highly indeed and if you can find them in budget; I'd deffo go for those!

I've ran multiple sets of the KU39's on my previous cars and also never had any cracking, couldn't rate then highly enough and will probably be what I aim for once the factory fit tyres are ready for replacement.

Im currently running KU39's and have mixed opinions.

They seem to grip and perform well - cant complain at that. However, upon inspecting the rear tyres a few months ago I found cracks around the inner sidewalls of both rear tyres.

The pressures were correct and I wasnt running excessive negative camber, they had only covered around 3,000 miles.

I had the set replaced under goodwill, I am still using them on the car under a watchful eye, however upon looking around the net - other people seem to have had the same issue.

Will be trying a set of Falken FK next.

DSC_1389_zps37ui3kkj.jpg