Hairyarse

My third E39! :)

Ok sussed it!! 'Bout time!! :D Pics courtesy of the sellers advert.

It's not the prettiest car from the front, but it's an uber cruiser and damn fast when you boot it. I do still miss having an E39 to be honest, but this will tick some other boxes in the future for me. 

large.fullsizeoutput_17eb.jpeg.f726b5b36bfbe0413e01ad4ff0186af3.jpeglarge.fullsizeoutput_17e9.jpeg.0e5a9d951e1e56f9f664f45c04bf97ca.jpeglarge.fullsizeoutput_17e8.jpeg.d9abf7d6ac6f589a83c0742a4856df3b.jpeglarge.fullsizeoutput_17f1.jpeg.5f9c27f7b60028f4ae6875a63080bfb7.jpeglarge.fullsizeoutput_17f4.jpeg.ffb33631370868683b3fa84beea5d680.jpeglarge.fullsizeoutput_17ef.jpeg.fc1db9b19f6bb8631b634a40b54f4d23.jpeglarge.fullsizeoutput_17ed.jpeg.1bfa386fd431cb2af172a217235d3025.jpeglarge.fullsizeoutput_17ea.jpeg.525589ef2645b208ac9179e1a8e6b467.jpeg

Edited by Hairyarse

Thanks Dan, it's not half bad!! There's a scuff on the front bumper, but it's on the trim insert where the parking sensors are so an easy sort and the alloys are in need of a refurb as a little bubbly. Other than that, it just needs a good detail - and an interior freshen up! It has auto boot opening on hydraulic rams but that's failed. Apparently a common issue with the pipes becoming porous and leaking fluid. Whilst there's no fluid sloshing about anywhere, you can smell hydraulic fluid in the car and especially when you open the boot.

The only other item needing attention is an occasional knock on 1st-2nd and 2nd-1st gear. Sadly it didn't happen on the test drive. I'm pretty certain it's the prop guibo - again a common issue it seems. So I've ordered one for replacement. That's an easy enough job, just a lot to remove to get to it, including the exhaust system.

The PO had it over 6 years and was only selling due to circumstances, he was gutted to see it go. It's certainly been well loved!

3 hours ago, gine39530d said:

petrol is a big no-no

do diesel

diesel good, petrol bad

Yeah ok... You'll do well on these forums :roll: 

3 hours ago, gine39530d said:

petrol is a big no-no

do diesel

diesel good, petrol bad

Why? 

For what reason do you think a cancer inducing fuel is good? 

Unless you own a pharmaceutical company that makes pills to aid with living with such a vile and cruel disease of cause....

6 minutes ago, gine39530d said:

price

energy density

power

But who wants a clattery, expensive to maintain compression engine, belching out filthy fumes?:shock:

Leave it in the farm tractor...

(I'll get my coat...)

Edited by Darkbmwlord

55 minutes ago, gine39530d said:

price

energy density

power

Price= more expensive than petrol???

energy density, you mean like coal....

power, a diesal engine runs out of it way before a petrol engine! 

So so again I ask why? 

in latvia

diesel 1.10

petrol 1.22

in lithuania even cheaper

How much in London nowadays?

Couple of years ago I went from Tallinn to Malaga with Saab 95 Petrol 2000

Starting from Germany -> Holland -> France -> I got royally screwed by petrol at 1.65 Euros, at most doing 750 km per tank :/

Never again!

is that true UK wants to tax diesels to death?

Edited by gine39530d

^^

Yup; because it's shite and the bullshit they've been spewing for years about it's amazing economy and how clean it is, has ended up on their faces

Appears that countries in the Eastern Block are a bit more lax when it comes to this etc

Anyway; this isn't the right thread for this conversation, feel free to start a war on petrol vs diesel in a separate topic ;) 

Edited by d_a_n1979