stanstorey

FS E39 M5 - Pictures updated 10 Oct

17 posts in this topic

First of all my apologies for not exactly being an active forum member - I have used the search function extensively over the years for two E39 530ds i’ve owned and this M5 - never really needed to ask any questions as they've all been asked before and belong to about 15 other car forums relating to other random cars I have owned/own I only seem to get a chance to read!

PICTURES UPDATED

1999T BMW M5

101k miles

Stamped history book.

Carbon Black

Black leather

Plenty of extras including - Alcantara roof lining, Double glazing, rear blind, DSP, working phone kit etc…I can supply Vin for a spec check.

Freshly professionally refurbed wheels with 4 brand new Pilot Sport 2 tyres

Owned for 4 years and covered about 3-4000miles in that time!

Always garaged/stored and has recently come out for fresh MOT, which it flew through.

This is my pride and joy and it’s never been used for anything other than pottering about enjoying a V8.

I cannot drive sideways and funnily enough have not been practising in an M5…

I looked at 7 M5s before buying this one, everyone I looked at was HPI clear, but two had new rear ends seam sealed in and one had over spray down one side…the others were either scabby or had slipping clutches or nasty clonks underneath.

This one stood out above the rest and even though it’s pre-facelift I jumped on it. It has also not been updated with later bits (apart from 16:9 screen and DVD nav), which to me was a good thing.

When I bought it I put a new genuine thermostat in it so I knew that wasn’t going to be an issue and had a it checked by my tame mechanic.

It had a slightly noisy release bearing, which was replaced and new clutch fitted at the same time - the old clutch was actually quite recent and is available with the car.

I also had an inspection II service at 97k - 

I have also changed the oil since, but as far as the service book reads (irrelevant on limited mileage i’ve done) it is due a “stamp” if you want to keep it up to date.

Other works carried out in my ownership:-

-Front lower rear arms, 

-Rear lower rear arms, 

-Rear ARB bushes and clamps, 

-Front discs and pads, rear pads, Front callipers rebuilt with Bigg Red kit.

-Hayward and Scott rear boxes (standard rear silencers available)

-updated headlight adjusters

Exterior:-

I would say it is well above average condition and with a small amount of work it could be one of the best.

-Yes, there are a small stone chips and marks around the car

-There are two small localised bmw worm like swirls under the paint, one on the top corner of bonnet and one on the rear drivers quarter. 

-No scabby doors or bootlid.

-There is the usual light paint lifting in the fuel cap recess - I have kept it dry and it hasn’t blown or spread in 4 years.

-the shadow trim has also got a few bmw worm like swirls when you look closely.

Interior:-

-The interior is near enough mark free, leather is great and been treated a few times in my ownership.

-Standard discolouration on the gear knob and handbrake.

-Few pixels missing on display - but all perfectly readable and never warranted me doing a repair.

-16:9 screen has a small inch long narrow patch of mismatched pixels on the top right - i barely use the screen and when i do it’s not exactly an issue!

-oh one of the electric seat knobs has popped off on drivers side - you’ll see it in the picture. I have it and it I will reattach shortly.

-all the fancy mirror glasses are leak free and work as they should.

-Aircon cold

-electrics all work - heated seats work etc

-one of the cup holders is kaput - how did BMW get a cup holder so wrong....

It drives beautifully with no clonks whines or grumbles - it goes rather well (as expected and I do wonder if it has been mapped in the past as it is also delimited)

I have spent out on the majority of the expensive M5 jobs and anyone buying an M5 would probably want to do a basic service on purchase for own peace of mind, even though the oil is nearly like new!

Vans gives a second or so of noise then quietens down as oil comes up.

Has two keys plus master key + plastic key, bookpack, sales brochure, V5C in my name.

Stamped Service history from new, paper bills from my ownership.

Reason(s) for sale…usual stories…self build project that I owe family money for helping me complete, first child recently arrived, resent wedding/honeymoon costs, too many other cars that need major restoration! shall i go on?! Oh and I am skint as business been quite slow recently!

I would consider taking a much lower value PX if it helps me get some cash in - preferably a touring

I am located Near Exeter and am happy to help collect anyone from exeter airport, train station etc.

£10500

DSC_1198.JPG

_h5a7252_29595610863_o_1280.jpg

_h5a7251_30224986595_o_1280.jpg

_h5a7249-edit_30190134686_o_1280.jpg

_h5a7242_30224990305_o_1280.jpg

_h5a7217_30190137836_o_1280.jpg

_h5a7216_30224994415_o_1280.jpg

_h5a7215_30190197856_o_1280.jpg

_h5a7256-edit_30224982175_o_1280.jpg

_h5a7257-edit_29595607043_o_1280.jpg

_h5a7273_30224977035_o_1280.jpg

_h5a7275-edit_30190121186_o_1280.jpg

_h5a7289_30190123436_o_1280.jpg

_h5a7291_30190117216_o_1280.jpg

_h5a7297_29595594563_o_1280.jpg

_h5a7314_30190112056_o_1280.jpg

_h5a7323_30110067392_o_1280.jpg

_h5a7329_30190106786_o_1280.jpg

_h5a7338_30110061992_o_1280.jpg

_h5a7344_30224956245_o_1280.jpg

_h5a7351-edit_30190100426_o_1280.jpg

_h5a7353_30224953535_o_1280.jpg

Edited by stanstorey

Looks nice, good luck.

Get a new wheel centre and a hoover of that interior. It looks unloved, and no doubt is loved as its on Michelins, but it doesn't send out best impression. Cheap as chips on ebay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Centres are on it in latest pics..and yes it has a dusty drivers footwell which pains me to show on a forum - but that's life here at the moment!

I will get it cleaned up ASAP, I appreciate it's a crap advert!

Pre-wheel refurb/tyres pics attached - Just don't look right in Silver....

P1040104_1280.JPG

P1040100_1280.JPG

P1040105_1280.JPG

P1040110_1280.JPG

P1040118_1280.JPG

P1040124_1280.JPG

Lovely car and it isn't a crap advert; just needs a quick hoover and detail ;) 

It's 1000% better than most ads you see where cars are filthy, interior is all shitted up and full of food wrappers and crap everywhere! Don't know how people can think that advertising a car in that state is the right thing to do!

I'm not saying you need to go to the OCD effort I've done, but still, it's not hard to wash and hoover a car...! :roll: 

Loadmaster likes this

Thank you - And yes a quick hoover and wash is not difficult - all be resolved tomorrow - taking my kit over to where it is stored for a going over and photo session.

Meh... Looks alright I s'pose...

:P;) 

Lovely car! Have you got it anywhere else like eBay Classifieds or PH etc?

Edited by d_a_n1979

Only advertises on here at the moment (can you tell I am not making a huge effort to sell it?!)

I was hoping someone might want to PX an E39 touring + cash for it...

...and seeing as a lorry did a hit and run on the wife in our E46 330i touring yesterday -leaving a lovely mangled rear quarter it might be a good time to get another touring!

Lovely car. I have a 540 touring but there would be no logic in having 2 CB e39 M5's.....one supercharged one NA...now that's got me thinking...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quick bump - I know this is a bit niche and most you lot on here have got one already!

Potentially able to take a PX on something upto £6k if that helps.

Maybe even an X5...try me!

Hi mate, 

has this sold yet? Fingers crossed, my current car will be gone tomorrow and as long as I can pull together the cash I will be very interested in this. 

Has any work been done on the vanos? Cheers

On 12/3/2016 at 11:23 AM, Gurd528 said:

Hi mate, 

has this sold yet? Fingers crossed, my current car will be gone tomorrow and as long as I can pull together the cash I will be very interested in this. 

Has any work been done on the vanos? Cheers

PM'd

I happen to have an E39 Touring 530d to swap and i'm interested in an M5, but don't have anywhere near that kind of cash. *cries*

Hi, has this car sold as I'm looking for one. This looks a cracker

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Hi Sam, it was great to finally meet you! Unfortunately I removed your M5, which I have to say is just awesome.. 

I'll post a thread on the joys of M5 Vs 530i Sport soon, the latter is having a new front screen, new rear tyres mot then rocker gasket.. plus parking sensors.. lots of parking sensors..

It's been a great weekend, just a wee drive home tomorrow. Luckily I have an M5 to sit in :-)

Nomis and Carl-e34 like this