Kris_KR52JAW

E39 widescreen aux adapter

I bought the aux adapter the 1 that connects behind the nav screen I have a bm54 amp late 2002. I connected it but going through modes and no aux comes up couple times as I'm flicking through I do see aux for a split second but doesn't stop.

77e90cbb30c776f577f7611086e9a291.jpg

My question is does the aux need coding in with something or something switching on through menu somewhere to activate it?https://vimeo.com/185340068

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have no idea I doubt it i was given a link for it from bmw e39 Facebook page just assumed it's would be alright? Could this be the problem that it'd not bmw?

Not necessarily the issue, but I've only used the BMW one so can't help with this.

I'm pretty sure that none of them need coding though.

The behaviour you describe makes it sound like a dodgy cable if it only appears randomly, and then disappears.

That's what I'm thinking too could be dodgy cable on the fb page somebody was saying could be the ohms resister on the cable either not high enough or low enough? Where would I get the bmw one from and how much are they normally. Do you think it could be the intravee fighting against it?

I spoke with the seller they said they checked with supplier and it is compatible with my amp and radio but said must be a fault gotta send it back to them for refund

I been looking at doing this on mine, think I'm going to get this one http://www.i6automotive.co.uk/bmw-aux-cable-input-for-ipods-mp3-players-e46-e39-e53-with-widescreen-monitors/ (there's a video on there to show what should happen too). I've bought a snow foam lance from them before on ebay and it's a quality item; I expect this to do what it says.

Are these compatible with all e39s with widescreen? 

No, only cars with a BM54 (so 9/01 on) and even then the wiring plug isn't behind the monitor until 9/02.

They ain't cheap but the best mod I've ever done to my E39 is fit an Intravee.......