Chris Wong

Bmw e61 rear suspension lowering link rods.. Group buy

So guys 

Had a few interested in buying some of these after I fitted the set I made up to my 535d so Instead of my original plan I thought maybe best to get a group buy going then I can get the materials I need and do a made to order service 

I've also decided I'm just going to do these at £25 a set which will Inc free shipping mainland UK only anywhere else extra shipping will be added 

So you will receive a pair a rod links which will lower your touring as picture which is the lowest but can also be raised if needed to match the front of the car.. I can also add full instructions how fit them if needed 

Think the price is cheaper then anyone on the net if you can find any 

So make list below with your forum name and then send me a private message and I can send my PayPal details 

Thanks Chris 

PLEASE BARE IN MIND NO PROFIT IS MADE ON THESE I'M DOING THIS TO HELP MY FELLOW E61 MEMBERS 

IMG-20160907-WA0000_zpsgw3g7qdy.jpg

20160912_130136_zpsuktwqhvq.jpg

20160912_133732_zpsq1oxqcod.jpg

Edited by Chris Wong

Would you need to drop front aswell when fitting these? can you adjust to the height you want? I just want a little drop at the rear, and leave front as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, kjb1 said:

Would you need to drop front aswell when fitting these? can you adjust to the height you want? I just want a little drop at the rear, and leave front as is.

You could do this in INPA

1 hour ago, kjb1 said:

Yes the lowest is what you see in the pics you can adjust it to almost m sport height 

Yes the lowest is what you see in the pics you can adjust it to almost m sport height 

Mine is an m sport?

58 minutes ago, kjb1 said:

so just a little lower you mean?

Hi meaning the lowest setting is like mine in my pics so yes can be set just a little lower just needs winding up and then locked with the nut 

My understanding on E61s is that apart from using the fitted wheel/tyre size when plugged into the computer,it is not possible to lower the rear to a different setting,compared to my old E39 which allowed custom settings.

Is this what these adjustable links are for then ,to "kid" the computer module to a lower( or even ) higher setting?

If so ,I would like some,please>

I've found the ideal length for my car. 

24mm shorter than standard keeps the airbags pressurised so the car still handles with a fair amount of predictability but also lowers the car a lot.

I will get pictures of what mine looks like on x5 wheels when I've given it a clean.

The front has now settled about 15mm lower and I tweaked the n/s/r link rod slightly to get everything completely even.

I think the total length was 66mm.

So length between the bolts would be about 58mm.

That looks perfect I've got mine on the lowest setting which I think is 50mm buy definitely going to raise to your setup as mine is far to low and hopefully my springs up front will settle soon 

Chris Wong 

Edited by Rcaddicted
I'm now signing in properly and not via Facebook