Sign in to follow this  
garym535i

M535 ornamental strip kit

Hi Chaps,

im looking for the M535 ornamental strip kit, looks like the dealers still list it but if it's not available from there is anyone

producing reproduction kits?

Edited by garym535i

No, it's the tri coloured strip that starts about the middle top of the front wing and drops down to the swage line then runs all the way along around to the rear of the car.

Collective-friction bought a set recently. It's on the what have you done to your e12 thread. Might be worth talking to him.

Evening gents, Gary do you mean these?

If so, I bought them from the main dealer a few months ago. They weren't what you might call a bargain (£200 ish I think). Also whilst I fancy myself as an OK engineer, attempting to put the decals on would bring out the cack handed impatient oaf out in me and I would have ended up buying another set. I got a local body shop to put them on instead:) 

( Bodyshop said they were good quality and a heap load easier than putting a Union Jack on a Mini roof!)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I think there were a few different options Jamie, I had a set on an e28 M535i it had same as OP from front of car to back,,

the video has the thicker version back to the front, the OP wants the thin version (I think!).

Yep, two versions, one thin ( the only one still available from BMW ) and a thick one as you pointed out in the YouTube clip. I have seen a few cars with the thin version used back to front but it was originally designed to come up over the bonnet. Mine is definitely as intended, a lot of thought went into deciding ;)

White cars definitely suit the thicker ones better imo. 

image.png