The Situation

Passenger rear window

Earlier today daughter pressed the button to put window down and then all of a sudden it started to play about.

I tried to put it back up but when I tried window got stuck, after a few more tries the window just went all the way down into the door panel never to be seen again.

The motor sound like it wants to work but window not coming up?

Any ideas what I'm facing and how much?

Thanks in advance

Make sure the trim around the window is free of any debris as the window might be regulating that something is there and going back down due to the anti-trap function. 

I had a similar problem.  I was driving under a bridge but on a bridge with my windows down. Got to about 70mph and tried to roll up drivers window and it went  halfway up and then back down. 

Then I tried again and got the window sign on the dash, slowed down and it went up. Can only imagine that happened due to the wind force. 

Edited by Mr_530i

UPDATE:

Went to garage and the reason why the window went all the way down and not coming back up again was because the big screw which holds the window in place at a certain level came off, so he fit that back on again and window goes up and down.

But I am left with another issue of the anti-trap feature coming on when I lift the button fully for the winodw to go up, the window will drop down a few inches.

However if you lift the button half way and raise the window this way, the anti-trap function does not come on.

We tried the usual resetting of the function but does not work, and there has been no error sign on the dash.

Will hook up to DIS later but any ideas guys?

24 minutes ago, The Situation said:

UPDATE:

Went to garage and the reason why the window went all the way down and not coming back up again was because the big screw which holds the window in place at a certain level came off, so he fit that back on again and window goes up and down.

But I am left with another issue of the anti-trap feature coming on when I lift the button fully for the winodw to go up, the window will drop down a few inches.

However if you lift the button half way and raise the window this way, the anti-trap function does not come on.

We tried the usual resetting of the function but does not work, and there has been no error sign on the dash.

Will hook up to DIS later but any ideas guys?

You could try a re-initialisation. See attached 

RA__Notes_on_initializing_power_window.pdf

Edited by Mr_530i

UPDATE:

I now have the anti trap error come on dashboard and the window goes up and down in increments.

I have tried 2-3 different ways to reset including the one above but still to no avail.

What am I doing wrong?

On 9/8/2016 at 2:49 PM, The Situation said:

UPDATE:

I now have the anti trap error come on dashboard and the window goes up and down in increments.

I have tried 2-3 different ways to reset including the one above but still to no avail.

What am I doing wrong?

I've having the same issue, tried the guide and youtube video advising exactly 17 seconds, but no luck. Did you manage to fix?