nealpina

Post Brexit Result

607 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, pidgeonpost said:

On brownfield sites, the roofs of buildings, and there are many other options available if you look at what other countries are doing, but NOT on productive farmland please.

It was more of a tongue and cheek comment when Gove said farmers subsidies for environmental protection.  I took the word ‘environmental’ to the extreme in that context. 

Edited by nealpina
pidgeonpost likes this

2 hours ago, kobayashi said:

I don't really understand what you mean. At the moment we have a free trade agreement and a customs union. Goods and services can pass freely across borders which makes trade easy and doesn't incur additional costs. When we leave there will be barriers to trade (unless we are prepared to accept free movement of people) to and from the EU making it more difficult and expensive. As 44% of all our trade is with the EU this will obviously advert affect both our imports and exports. This will damage our economy at least in the short term. If we can strike new trade deals with others outside the EU we may be able to recover but that will be in the long term.

In your post you mentioned that remainers predicted a recession that has not materialised, I'm just pointing out that we haven't left yet so we might yet see a recession when we do actually leave. 

Just that I write a lot of details in my posts and with some of your replies are just one liners 

I have already mentioned Liam Fox comments on Friday and covered all the other points many times before such as the Bank of England statement from two weeks ago. Therefore apart from siding with remainers. I can be narrow-minded and pessimistic and can tell you what you want to hear that it will be all doom and gloom. I can’t predict the future either can remainers hence I fail the need to justify how our exports post trade negotiations at this moment in time. However I’m positive about it and if you don’t like what I write, and it is not what you want to hear that’s fine, but it is exhausting repeating myself  

I didn’t believe we were going to have recession after the vote and don’t believe we will have one in March 2019 exception is the China’s economy at present may caused one, and not Brexit. 

Edited by nealpina

1 hour ago, e60neindanke said:

To answer your points in turn.

1. The panel manufacturers in the UK that have Chinese parentage are here because we are in the EU. It circumvents the anti-dumping rules for them. Same reason we had the likes of Nissan turn up here all those years ago.

2. Do you seriously think that China would listen to the UK once it has left the EU?! We would have NO influence whatsoever over how they choose to go about their manufacturing. China is the second biggest economy in the world and has twenty times the population. We are where we are economically because of our financial services sector. Take the financial services into Paris and Frankfurt and this country would really be stuffed.

Unpatriotic?

No. Realistic.

Oh, and it says a lot that the chief anti-EU mouthpiece - the Daily Mail - is considering relocating to Ireland post-Brexit.

https://twitter.com/TimesDiary/status/888429750242484224

The solar panels is new subject and not going over ground.  I do know about anti-dumping rules, Nissan, and that we are a service sector, hence why I said the other day no one cared about exports before the £ dropped 

Edit: That's the only thing that worries me our service sector moving.  Contradicting myself from yesterday, but if a transition deal is needed then I welcome it

Not towards you e60neindanke,I posted again on Friday because of the half-truth of Gove comment. However it has got to the stage where I am happy for the the remainers just to rant among themselves for the next couple of days, because I need to go deep into my answers and I have better things to do.   I therefore am done for a couple of days on here 

Edited by nealpina

5 hours ago, sharkfan said:

I do think that if the EU reformed, removing the over-bearing Judicial system, the Political and Military plans, gave the countries that are suffering under the Euro the chance to opt out and reverted back to the Economic Union it started as then we should definitely reconsider our Membership.

I don't think the EU will reform; Cameron faced a brick-wall and despite his best intentions Macron, with the 'closeness' or otherwise of his Election now an historical note well behind him will run into the same wall. 

Firstly, my congratulations on what was one of the most rational and even handed posts I have read. IMHO, there is absolutely no chance of the UK going along with any military or political union. And fortunately, we did not make the mistake of joining the euro. We are really left with the issues of free movement and legislation, both of which are set to continue as they are for some time after we leave the EU. So we could have four years of the parts we do not want but only two years of the bits we do want. Doesn't sound like much of a deal to me. We need to retain the benefits we want and negotiate away the bits we don't. And IMHO, we are better placed to do that while we remain in the club than try to achieve it when we are outside. Meanwhile, the clock is ticking

5 minutes ago, e60neindanke said:

Try cancelling your Sky subs and then asking if you can still watch Sky 1...

You mean it doesn't work? Now there is a surprise. You will be asking for club membership rates when you are not even a member of the club next

Nigel Farage: ''I have no doubt that leaving the EU will happen, but I am beginning to think that we may leave in name only''. That is something of a surprise

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/832073/Nigel-Farage-Brexit-transitional-deal-borders-ECJ-divorce-bill