nealpina

Post Brexit Result

335 posts in this topic

It is a petition for, and to, the UK Government so anyone in the UK can voice their opinion on Wee Krankies behaviour, but it does appear that the huge majority of votes are from Scots residents. I suspect there is no petition process for the Scottish Parliament, and if there was, would the SNP and their Leader honour any obligation to discuss it in their Parliament?

On 13/03/2017 at 9:44 PM, sharkfan said:

Comments about wee Krankies request should be in a seperate thread ... unless it doesn't get approved....

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/180642

Looks like over 1.9% of the Scottish population have spoken as it has just reached the needed 100,000 votes 

7 minutes ago, nealpina said:

Looks like over 1.9% of the Scottish population have spoken as it has just reached the needed 100,000 votes 

No, its 90k of uk taxpayers who  have had enough, totally subsidise free education, meds, oap, and everything else including that monstrosity called Holyrood - thank you wnkr Blair for this huge mess.

Calypso-E34 likes this

It seems that Sturgeon has played down her intention to re join the EU... Partly because a fair number of her potential voters actually voted to leave and partly because the EU aren't really all that keen on having Scotland as a member.... Least of all, the Spanish

Given that one of the biggest questions of the last indi Ref was, "what currency would Scotland use?" and the answer was always fluffed, I would have thought that they would have given it some thought for this time, yet Salmond was asked this a few days ago and he still couldn't answer it

Edited by Karl

1 hour ago, urquattro said:

No, its 90k of uk taxpayers

Should that no be an and?

That reads to me that 27,090,000 people voted in that partition as this is 90% of UK tax payers ;)  

I couldnt resist sorry :)

2 hours ago, urquattro said:

its 90k of uk taxpayers who  have had enough, totally subsidise free education, meds, oap, and everything else including that monstrosity called Holyrood - thank you wnkr Blair for this huge mess.

Agreed

Given that one of the biggest questions of the last indi Ref was, "what currency would Scotland use?" and the answer was always fluffed, I would have thought that they would have given it some thought for this time, yet Salmond was asked this a few days ago and he still couldn't answer it

Its not just the SNP, pretty amazing statement from Davis...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-news-david-davis-no-economic-impact-assess-uk-eu-leave-no-deal-select-committee-a7630626.html

Obviously it's up to us all to make it a success economically but if you're in charge how do you measure progress and decide on priorities if you don't know the downside/worst case?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, SuperDave said:

Its not just the SNP, pretty amazing statement from Davis...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-news-david-davis-no-economic-impact-assess-uk-eu-leave-no-deal-select-committee-a7630626.html

Obviously it's up to us all to make it a success economically but if you're in charge how do you measure progress and decide on priorities if you don't know the downside/worst case?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On the Scottish question, the answer is one of three answers, Pound, Euro or a new Scottish currency. They have had several years to ponder this question.. The issue of how the economy will perform following brexit is impossible to answer 'till we start negotiating with the EU... If Davis had given an answer, then we would have known that he was bulshitting.... Interesting to read today that the convicted fraudster and head of the IMF, Christine Lagarde has claimed that the UK economy will do well following Brexit, yet the same person claimed that the economy would bomb when discussing Brexit before the referendum.... I can't help feeling that she is full of shit and would say whatever she was paid to say to influence events.... Perhaps this is why "Experts" are now regarded with such suspicion... It seems that these days folk demand a certain and definite answer to factors that are as fluid as the weather and can't understand why events take an unexpected turn.

urquattro and Lennox like this

Alex Salmond said on the radio that they will still use sterling (I think that will be up to England), because it's just a currency like any other he said. He also said that they will not want to seek full EU membership immediately, but will be members of the European Economics Area. Therefore not to have any gaps with European membership - the independent referendum will need to be held before the UK leaves!

Surely it will be best to wait and see what deal we will get first and then make their minds up, instead of playing dirty politics to achieve their goal of independence and not helping their people e.g education etc

The next conundrum is Holland, just how far brexit and immigration effect the normally tolerant dutch electorate.

big problem as well is they are usually a coalition mess like we were with ca moron and c legg fixing deals that were no good for uk.

high turnout and hand counted results to limited fiddles and electronic fudges.

It is ultimately down to Maggie May as to whether or not Sturgeon gets her sideshow, I don't think that she will be permitted. The SNP have had their go and lost... Of course if they were to be allowed a second referendum, number 10 would be the ones to set the date which could well be after we leave giving time for the Scots to see how things pan out and also for Sturgeon to make herself unpopular by driving the economy of Scotland into the ground..

Looking objectively at the issue of a second Independence vote May can easily state that Sturgeons plan of requesting a timed referendum to enable Scots to effectively decide an UK/EU in/out is based on an entirely false premise of an early Scots accession to the EU, and as such is entirely without merit.

So should Scotland have a second referendum at all? Only about 30% (1.6mil of 5.3mil) of Scots voted for Independence last time and the SNP are not a clear majority Government in their Parliament so the argument for a clear mandate is on unsafe ground and as such Sturgeons argument that the SNP should lead the referendum and 'round' the question is similarly unsafe.

The UK Government is there for all its citizens and in the case of a potential second Scottish Referendum it is there to protect the interests of the 70% of Scots who voted no, or didn't or couldn't vote in the last referendum. The SNP, Salmond and Sturgeon have been proven to be unsafe with the truth and as such the UK Government is there to protect those Scots who don't believe in what the SNP puts out as their truth.

May should tell Sturgeon No, no referendum before Brexit is complete as your argument does not hold any water at all and is based on a deception of the Scottish public.

When Brexit is complete then the UK Government should say to the SNP,  if you want another referendum then you should prepare a clear plan for a completely Independent Scotland outside the UK, and outside the EU. Then, and only then, should the plans be made clear to the Scottish electorate to ensure a clear-headed decision can be made with voters having full knowledge of what the future holds for an Independent Scotland.

urquattro likes this

I wonder if Wilders was actually told to get on his bike.  

HotboxDeluxe likes this

Nicola Sturgeon‏ now saying not proposing now...but when the terms of Brexit clear and before it is too late to choose an alternative path.

Talk about throwing all of your toys out of your pram lol

Salmond and Sturgeon former members of the Communist Party of Great Britain .... can you imagine :huh:

Time to start saving the bricks for the border wall :lol::lol: :P 

1 hour ago, Carl-e34 said:

Salmond and Sturgeon former members of the Communist Party of Great Britain .... can you imagine :huh:

Time to start saving the bricks for the border wall :lol::lol: :P 

If Scotland manages to stay in the EU and we are out, it will be them building the wall :lol:

Carl-e34 likes this

11 minutes ago, whiskychaser said:

If Scotland manages to stay in the EU and we are out, it will be them building the wall :lol:

:lol::lol:

I am just sick to the back teeth of Sturgeon and Salmond including the mass of tv time afforded to their crap.

nealpina likes this

Isn't May telling Scotland they can't hold a referendum a bit like Brussels telling the UK they can't hold one?

No.

May telling Scotland they can't just demand a referendum when they want to is more like Brussels telling the UK they can't begin negotiations until we formally enact article 50. 

I've watched the SNP since 2004 .... their special welcome to the workers of the world DVD back in 2005 must have been forgotten by the Scottish.

The SNP cares little about Scotland or the Scottish .... Just as the mob in Westminster really cares little about the people of  Britain :rolleyes:  

Karl likes this

11 hours ago, urquattro said:

I am just sick to the back teeth of Sturgeon and Salmond including the mass of tv time afforded to their crap.

I fully agree with you. It is starting to depress me now. 

I watched QuestionTime last night. Every argument which the SNP had, I had one better

i then was dreaming about it this morning.  Hopefully I'm too busy this weekend to care about politics. 

Karl and Calypso-E34 like this

Do we have any Scottish members who do want independence?

If so please say why do you want it. 

Also if a member does reply, and for everyone else please respect their views. As I think it will need a lot of courage for them on this forum. 

I think im being very arrogant now by voicing my one-sided opinion about why Scotland should not be independent. 

Edited by nealpina