nealpina

Post Brexit Result

335 posts in this topic

Given that we now seem destined to leave the EU it would be a damned good time to change the voting system so that everyone entitled to vote in General Elections or future national referendums is legally bound to do so. This would ensure that the outcome of such events is much more representative of the views of the whole population and not just those who could be bothered to get up and vote.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, welshpug said:

that may be but that doesn't mean that the other 2.4 million scots wanted out, only 1 million did., which is 25%.

of the total electorate, only 20% voted out.

so if you're expecting the 80% to let the 20% that swallowed all the lies to let it slide?

No, I'm expecting the useless bastards who couldn't get their collective fat, lazy arses out of bed in order to have a hand in their own future to shut the fuck up and stop moaning about a decision they could have influenced but didn't! 

As I said before, this is about the whole of the UK leaving the EU, not some Machiavellian 'English' ploy to drag Scotland kicking and screaming from a toxic relationship the majority of people don't even understand.

d_a_n1979, sharkfan and Karl like this

UKIP seem to have descended into totall disarray. Farage is calling for Carswell to be kicked out as he feels he didn't fully support his application for a Knighthood. Paul Nuttall fails to get elected in Stoke on Trent despite Labour being more unelectable than ever. I can't say I'm unhappy about it :). Sir Nigel? :unsure:

urquattro likes this

If Carswell is kicked out, doesn't that leave UKIP with a nice round number of MPs? 0? Is this the Paul Nuttall who played professional football for Tranmere Rovers, has a PhD, and was at Hillsborough? Or the identical but other Paul Nuttall who is under Police investigation for alleged election fraud?

Labour seem pretty ineffective at challenging May's government. But they can just put their feet up - the Tories are doing a better job of it themselves. Sir John Major has now joined Tarzan:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-john-major-theresa-may-misleading-british-people-a7602651.html

If you ask the media, then UKIP is permanently in total disarray... Nuttall has only been the leader a few weeks and is taking the party from a Brexit footing to being a real alternative to Labour who have now been overrun by Militant Tendency. May and the Tories are on a high at the moment as they appear to be pushing Brexit forward... I'm surprised that Carswell hasn't jumped ship again yet, it is clear with many that he isn't really welcome in UKIP... There will be several big names from Labour moving to the dark side soon. Whatever you may think of the Labour leadership, it has a highly experienced and slick machine behind it, far better than the keen amateurs  behind UKIP and they need to build a well organised team behind it to make it a winning team

So You're saying it's fake news...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

So You're saying it's fake news...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These days, truth depends on your personal opinion.

2 hours ago, Karl said:

It seems that Wee Jimmy Krankie has announced a referendum on Scotland leaving the UK to remain in the EU.

Yes.  Here we fucking go again.  Another two years of the Buckie brigade shouting in the street and intimidating the majority.  I hope they get annihilated this time.

Carl-e34, urquattro and Karl like this

Are the Scottish people really in agreement with SNP policy or do really understand the finer points of subsidisation, Barnett formula and where their trade and employment comes from re repair yards, civil service etc?

And then just chose to ignore above realities and believe $100 barrel oil soon, EU handouts as per Greece and all the other SNP fairy stories.

The latest media reports are suggesting that Alex Salmond is the driving force behind this. 

26 minutes ago, urquattro said:

Are the Scottish people really in agreement with SNP policy or do really understand the finer points of subsidisation, Barnett formula and where their trade and employment comes from re repair yards, civil service etc?

And then just chose to ignore above realities and believe $100 barrel oil soon, EU handouts as per Greece and all the other SNP fairy stories.

I don't think she has as much support as she thinks. Some people will as last time, be afraid to say they don't support Indy - but when polling day arrives, they'll have their say.

There are a lot of SNP supporters who think mob rule is OK too.  For them, the next two years will be one big carnival.  They won't understand or care about the economic argument either, because a lot of them don't pay tax.

5 minutes ago, nealpina said:

The latest media reports are suggesting that Alex Salmond is the driving force behind this. 

Probably not far from the truth.

nealpina likes this

1 hour ago, nealpina said:

No shit? He's always been the mono-browed ones puppet master, ever since he realised by staying at the helm he was doing the SNP more harm than good!

As for the Buckie swiggers, that will depend if the SNP promise them another grand a year in their pockets whether they are on the brew or not. If they don't the lazy wee shites won't bother getting out of their pits to vote anyway :lol:

urquattro likes this

Looks like Article 50 can be triggered in the next hour - just needs to be given the Lords again. Hopefully the verbal promisses of protecting EU nationals in U.K will be a fact because there are too many stories of unfair declined applications 

Edited by nealpina

4 hours ago, Calypso-E34 said:

Yes.  Here we fucking go again.  Another two years of the Buckie brigade shouting in the street and intimidating the majority.  I hope they get annihilated this time.

This could well be the Sturgeon's Waterloo..

This could well be the Sturgeon's Waterloo..

We live in hope!

Fair do's.. The opposition tried there best but as I said long ago, this is a battle fought not just with the head but with heart and soul and federalism has no soul.

14 hours ago, sharkfan said:

Comments about wee Krankies request should be in a seperate thread ... unless it doesn't get approved....

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/180642

When did all Brits become experts on how fed up the Scots are? Must have been ill that day :)

2 hours ago, whiskychaser said:

When did all Brits become experts on how fed up the Scots are? Must have been ill that day :)

Click the link that says 'Show on a Map' and it will show you where the votes were registered.

On 28 February 2017 at 9:34 PM, whiskychaser said:

If Carswell is kicked out, doesn't that leave UKIP with a nice round number of MPs? 0? Is this the Paul Nuttall who played professional football for Tranmere Rovers, has a PhD, and was at Hillsborough? Or the identical but other Paul Nuttall who is under Police investigation for alleged election fraud?

Labour seem pretty ineffective at challenging May's government. But they can just put their feet up - the Tories are doing a better job of it themselves. Sir John Major has now joined Tarzan:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-john-major-theresa-may-misleading-british-people-a7602651.html

Having Heseltine and Major running the country doesn't seem an unattractive proposition.

4 hours ago, sharkfan said:

Click the link that says 'Show on a Map' and it will show you where the votes were registered.

Thanks. I was using my mobile and didn't see that bit.  My understanding was that to vote in Scotland, you have to be a resident there. So I am not sure why the petition is open to anyone who is a British citizen or UK resident. Surely it is for Scots to decide for themselves if they are miserable or not?

1 hour ago, Sir Anthony Regents-Park said:

Having Heseltine and Major running the country doesn't seem an unattractive proposition.

They have done it before... :)