Sign in to follow this  
d_a_n1979

Wheel studs and nuts rather than bolts

Has anyone done this conversion to their E39?!

If so, details on the parts you used please 

Im thinking of doing the conversion, just to make life easier TBH!

I've used studs on my race cars. All you need are the studs and nuts, and a tube of Loctite. Suspect you'll want to find some locking nuts though.

All you do is Loctite the studs into place and bolt the wheels on. Parts available from Rallydesign amongst others - just check the nut shape against RealOEM. It's something like 1.5x12 from memory.

Guys..

Not intereted in whyi should, shouldn't... it's just something I've thought of doing! ;)

I take my wheels off regularly to clean them, so just for that reason, wanted to make life a little easier!

1 minute ago, dan101smith said:

I've used studs on my race cars. All you need are the studs and nuts, and a tube of Loctite. Suspect you'll want to find some locking nuts though.

All you do is Loctite the studs into place and bolt the wheels on. Parts available from Rallydesign amongst others - just check the nut shape against RealOEM. It's something like 1.5x12 from memory.

Cheers

Ive aftermarket alloys on, they use the BMW bolts, somwill need the same taper (bolts are M12 x 1.5) as you've said.

What length studs would I need, any ideas? Bare in mind I've got 15mm hubcentric spacers up front and 5mm hubcentric shims on the rear...