Calypso-E34

Mini Cooper S Chili pack 170BHP JCW Kit - LOW MILES - MOT Aug 2017

Ebay link HERE for pics.

Welcome to the sale of my immaculate, LOW MILEAGE 2006 Mini Cooper S.  I bought the car late last year with a view to using it for runs during the Spring and Summer, but either I haven't had the time or the weather has been uncooperative, so I'm going to sell it on and buy a bike instead.

This is one of the last of the Supercharged Cooper S cars, and it's the one which is currently most sought after - much more than the later turbocharged cars. It benefits from the Chili pack, which added 17" alloys, Xenon lights etc. The car is in fantastic condition for its year, with very few marks on the body at all, and the inside is just as good.  I have added some wee upgrades here and there.  I have spent over £1700 on the car since I bought it, making it nice!  If you want one of these, this is the one to have.

Exterior

The Mini is painted Dark Silver, and has a black roof. This car sports a genuine JCW aero kit, consisting of different front and rear bumpers, a different front grille, and side skirts, giving the car a much better stance than the standard items.  Fully refurbished 17" alloys are fitted with JCW centre caps, with a brand new set of Pirelli P-Zero run flat tyres, which have really improved the car's ride. I have also fitted genuine JCW badges front and rear, and some nice carbon fibre parts, such as the mirror covers, door handle covers, fuel cap cover and bonnet scoop, but I have made no changes which cannot be reversed if so the new owner wishes.

Interior

Inside, I have left the car mostly standard, just adding a middle arm rest and a genuine JCW gear knob and some greyscale Union Jack caps on the door handles - again, easily returned to standard if that was your wish.  Seats are part leather, and there is a full set of instruments including a temperature gauge - which the later cars don't have!!  Everything is in great condition, and exactly as it should be.  Windows have NOT been tinted - I have a set of blinds on the rear windows and rear windscreen which darken the windows and keep the interior cool.  These are removeable for Summer / Winter - they just clip in and out.  Genuine MINI carpet floor mats all round.

In car Entertainment / Comms

I have removed the original MINI radio / CD, as I thought the car deserved better.  Instead, I fitted an Alpine CDE-196 DAB head unit, which provides the usual Radio / CD functionality, but in addition you get DAB digital radio, Bluetooth Audio, an iPod connection and Bluetooth hands free telephony.  The colour of the display matches the car's dash lights. Cost - £255 all in.  You can get all the specifics here :  http://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/cd-head-units19/cde-196dab . The original radio / CD will of course be included in the sale.

Recent Maintenance

The car has a full service history - some BMW and some not.  When I bought the car, first thing I did was to have the major Inspection 2 service carried out, which as well as all the usual service items, included changing the brake fluid and replacing the supercharger and auxiliary belts.  Oil, air and cabin filters all replaced.  The car will not need servicing for some time.  I have also carried out the following :

Front discs replaces with new and uprated vented, grooved and drilled discs, with new Mintex pads.  Rear discs and pads also replaced with uprated ones - Cost £200.

Four brand new correct run flat Pirelli P Zeros fitted in May this year - Cost £419.

Brand new cat back Stainless Steel 'Powerflow' exhaust fitted in August this year - literally just last week.  Noise is not much louder than standard to be honest, as noise isn't my thing.  Cost £450.

New wipers fitted front and rear July this year.

New uprated dipstick fitted - This may sound silly, but the original plastic dipstick is plastic and brittle, so I have replaced it with a new steel one.  Original will also be included in the sale.

Service History:

17.07.07 - 9658 miles - John Clark Aberdeen - Oil Svc.

09.04.08 - 14782 miles - John Clark Aberdeen - Brake fluid.

18.08.09 - 22298 miles - Arnold Clark Aberdeen - Oil svc.

13.04.11 - 29223 miles - John Clark Aberdeen - Insp 1 plus brake fluid.

05.01.12 - 31710 miles - John Clark Aberdeen - Oil svc.

25.11.15 - 42294 miles - GLM Motors Elgin Insp. 2 plus coolant, brake fluid, supercharger belt and cabin filter change.

03.09.16 - 42891 miles - Kwik Fit - MOT test - Pass.

I'm sure there will be a couple of things I've forgotten, but if anything else comes to mind, I will add it! 

Mileage may increase slightly as the car is used occasionally.  No agencies please.  Test drive only on production of evidence of COMPREHENSIVE insurance to drive THIS CAR.  Private number plate will not come with the car - will be removed before sale.  Initial contact by Email only please - I WILL get back to you ASAP.  Car is located in INVERNESS, SCOTLAND.

£4499 OVNO

Mini.JPG

Edited by Calypso-E34

Lovely car, am looking for a nippy run around as a third car, very tempting but outside my budget, GLWS. Brings back memories of my old r53 5-6 years ago , it was a jcw with big valve heads, Newman cams and 17%pulley. Fun little car.

Garage:

2002 BMW E39 M5 Carbon Black

2014 BMW F10 520d Estate Imperial Blue

Price reduced a bit. Would be interested in looking at an immaculate and well specced facelift E39 530i, 535i or 540i in part ex, or maybe even a nice 6 cylinder E46.

My mum just solf hers to we buy any car.

Cooper s same year with 37000 odd on the clock. Immaculate 1 owner.

They offered her 3k then knocked her to 2700 at the train station where she met them. I wish she had let us know she wanted to sell it and i wish i was there when they mugged her. Crooks.

I decided to stick the car in for an MOT today, so now comes with 12 months worth.

Added service history details to the listing.

Edited by Calypso-E34

OK

I need to think about either insuring this car again or taking it off the road for Winter.  Neither appeals to me, and I would prefer to sell it, so I will take a reasonable offer for it.

51 minutes ago, Chaz said:

How harsh is the ride and how noisy for motorway driving?

I suppose it depends what you're used to to be honest.  Ride is better since I put the new tyres on, but it's a car made to handle.  No more noisy than any other small performance car I guess.

A true politicians answer;)

its a nice car and priced about right. Tried other outlets? Gumtree/eBay etc?

Yep - it's on EBay and it was on Pistonheads. I refuse to go anywhere near Gumtree.

Someone coming to see it at the weekend and they seem genuine, so fingers crossed.

Cheers lads

Someone coming up from Kinross to view it on Sunday.  They have asked all the right questions so far, so touch wood they'll like it and buy.  Someone will be getting a very nice little car.

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:13 PM, Calypso-E34 said:

Cheers lads

Someone coming up from Kinross to view it on Sunday.  They have asked all the right questions so far, so touch wood they'll like it and buy.  Someone will be getting a very nice little car.

.......... Or not.  More time wasters as it has turned out.  There has been A LOT of those.......

I was trying to convince my other half to take a look, she has a Cooper D for her daily commute but she loves Mini's and I thought she would be all over this for the weekends (and me) but so far she is being rather sensible financially, will let her know about the price drop.

8 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

Always a sigh of relief once you move a car on mark emoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure.  I didn't get quite what I was after, but close enough to let it go.