GT STEVE

Purchased a e93 335i

Well, after almost 3 month's of being off the road, having all the broken bits replaced, all the performance bits fitted, then the first attempt at getting it mapped, having to drive away in limp mode and replacing all 6 plugs, coils, and replacing the rocker cover gasket due to the copious amounts of oil just sitting there, the 335 finally got mapped last Friday, It was going so well but the lambda sensor was giving false reading so I now need to replace that and then go back for a slight tune up, some proper runs and then I should be able to confirm performance readings and stick up a graph of before and after..... I know that its very quick right now and she pulls like a train....

This was on the way to the Ace Café on Saturday, one of the lads did a cheeky rolling shot as I went past....

THE 335I SAGA CONTINUES.

If it's not one thing then it's another,,,

About 7 weeks ago, I had a small stone hit the windscreen and then this happened, it moved across the screen as I was driving home

591db79cb2849_335WINDSCREEN.JPG.0232e8432e6e65730111f9a2ff479c4b.JPG

a second lambda sensor was fitted, the lumpy idling went away and the car has been great,

Then it was MOT time, it went in to a local garage in Basingstoke, but the test was aborted due to the car being to low,,,,

I then booked it in to DCM Tyres in Shaftsbury a week later as they can get the car on there MOT ramp,

Needless to say, it passed with no advisory's 

3 weeks ago I went to JF Automotive to get the gear box re-mapped/software update to coincide with the engine map, It was a good drive home

http://www.jfautomotive.co.uk/

And finally, 2 weeks ago I went back to Reidy Map's to have the car re mapped as it was running very well, this included several dyno runs and trying different setting while live data mapping, at one point it had a reading of just over 400bhp, That afternoon I drove to Germany and on route I diverted and collected a AFE Air Intake for the 335i that I installed on the following day.

IMG_9831.JPG.e6545c94ca11d213d7a8324386dd8fea.JPG

The AFE intake is one thing I have been wanting to get for a while as I removed the duel cone's that I had due to the high intake temperature registering on the laptop when it was getting mapped.

Not much extra noise but it pulled a lot better and Quick, boy was it quicker but then with all the performance mods along with the map and the intake it was expected.

I did a couple or autobahn runs, all on a 3 or 4 lane Autobahn (shnellstrass) getting up to and over 140mph, derestricted with speed warning signs in places from time to time. BUT, it was the speed it took to get there, rapid is one word I would use.

I do have some video's B)

IMG_9637.JPG.20b2302164864181de5d6061ac346550.JPG

IMG_9638.PNG.f1ee32f295519a17117d881ef0f8aa55.PNG

I'm looking at 335i's as a replacement for the ///M

I want something quick but reliable so the n54 with it's known turbo issues is sort of putting me off. That just leaves the n55 which I think will be out of my price range. That means I'll probably go for a 330i but less than 300bhp

16 hours ago, Mo_1986 said:

Where are these videos? ;)

Great build btw B)

In Time,,,

15 hours ago, alpinaman said:

Great....

The N54 is a beast once tuned....

Go on,tell us how many dollars have been spent to get where you are ?

My wife would say, "To Much",  But as its a weekend / summer car and spends most of the time locked away its worth it, smiles per mile...

13 hours ago, Nomis said:

I'm looking at 335i's as a replacement for the ///M emoji17.png

I want something quick but reliable so the n54 with it's known turbo issues is sort of putting me off. That just leaves the n55 which I think will be out of my price range. That means I'll probably go for a 330i but less than 300bhp emoji17.pngemoji17.png

Unless you find a nice low mileage 335i that has not been abused. I know of one at the moment on a 09 plate and the same speck as mine, lady driver and £155000no and it's mint. But the N55 are out there but depends on your budget.

Have a look, lots of traffic at times so not balls out and foot down, but it's the speed it takes to get there.

As you see a 3 lane autobahn and not any crazy driving,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:lol:

6 minutes ago, GT STEVE said:

The wife is going to be pissed.... Need to get some flowers and take them home to soften the blow:lol:,,

With a bit of luck you'll pass an accident spot on the way home...

Unless you find a nice low mileage 335i that has not been abused.

Thing is, the turbo problem, as I understand it, isn't anything to do with driver abuse or lack of servicing, it's to do with sub standard quality design or materials in the wastegate. I watched a YouTube clip the other day which had the guy with a bad turbo in front of him and a vacuum pump showing exactly what happens when you get the dreaded 30FF. It's such a small design fault but costs a small fortune to rectify. Milage doesn't seem to be relevant either. I've read stuff where they went bad at less than 70,000 miles and others where they were still going strong at 150,000 miles. It's basically a gamble and a gamble too risky for me.

Found the clip. This really does show you exactly what's going on and how no amount of 'full BMW service history' or how the cars driven makes any difference to the failed components.

Its been ball ach after ball ach,,,,,, well kinda.

More Frolics,,,,,

Head Light Conversion @ KYCS

On Saturday I went up to Birmingham to see the Simon and the lads @ KYCS for the head light angle eye conversion. Normally they would have had every thing ready to go, and removed the lens from your own lights and put them on a set of lights that would have had all the work carried out prior to you getting there. BUT as mine were Active iono.gif this was not the case.

Head lights were removed, completely stripped down and paint applied, angle eye rings and blue demon eye's fitted and then every thing re assembled again, very pleased with the result's.

I lost the passenger side washer jet cover on the way home, that is being replaced and painted by KYCS

IMG_9971.JPG

IMG_9970.JPG

IMG_9956.JPG

IMG_9957.JPG

IMG_9955.JPG

IMG_9943.JPG

IMG_9942.JPG

IMG_9940.JPG

IMG_9941.JPG

IMG_9939.JPG

And then this happened mad0259.gifmad0259.gif

Drove all the way back from Birmingham Saturday night, no problem, woke up Sunday morning and went to go out in the car and no steering. Reversed back and forward and got out and had a look and found this, power steering fluid all over my drive. I checked the reservoir and that was empty, I put a 1lt bottle of fluid back in and thing's seemed fine, but I got BMW emergency recovery to come out and take a look, I then got him to lift the car and take it to my local BMW.

The car was all sorted by Wednesday, they found a pipe clip had broken so the pipe and clip were replaced, fresh fluid and to top every thing off there was NO Cost to me at all. While they had the car I got them to carry out a break fluid change at £58.....

IMG_9963.JPG.656e2a282fed103120d54fb7a51b21b7.JPG

As the car was being recovered on Monday I decided to remove the wheels and put the original wheels back on as I did not want the wheels being marked while being lifted and dropped of to low loader

Then I farted and had a brain wave, I decided to sell the wheels from the 335i, WHY? iono.gif I don't Know, but I just did. I Advertised them and under an hour they were gone.

I am now sat hear thinking, "What Did I Do That For,,,,,,, BUT I have an urge to full fill, getting some thing with a deep dish and not MK'sthumbsup.gif

593a7a1064702_JUDD1.thumb.jpg.3cdb056d7d2bdde4378c93c73f1110c8.jpg

JUDD 3.jpg

JUDD 2.jpg

Very nice! I like the bright AE's but I also like the yellowish standard ones too, sort of looks mean n moody I think so I'll be leaving mine as they are I think. Do like the looks of those wheels. If I have loads of spare cash I might look at something like them. My car is too dark for dark wheels so would need to be silver whereas yours is a great colour for them in black.

Due to the on going saga with the EML and the catless down pipes and the location of the lambda sensor on bank one I decided to bite the bullet and get a set of VRSF down pipes and remove the cheep pipes I got through ebay,,, Bit of a result, NO More EML and the car runs so much better. Now I just need to start her up first thing in the morning to see how much louder on start up she is.......

IMG_0021.JPG.5b7ed1dbd5ad23b03f6e479525f54b63.JPGIMG_0022.JPG.14ce7a6044424107c256b0d8e4efaacd.JPG

Well, the wheels arrived and yesterday I went over to my local tyre man and got the tyres fitted, 245/35 and 255/30 as recommended by the Judd people. 

The wheels are 9j and 10j but a bit of an aggressive offset et25 and et28.

The rear set up is spot on, no issues, However the front tyres 245/35 are to wide and are rubbing on the arch, I have a pair of 235/35 on the front of my F11 so I will be swapping the tyres over on Saturday, then with the new KW coilovers going on I should get the adjustment just right. He say's,,,,,iono.gif

IMG_0118.JPG.33000eb68a01ce6f73fa3f0d52075589.JPGIMG_0120.JPG.c6780afe0f9b474d2f033e2cc558edab.JPGIMG_0121.JPG.2a5cb9e52fc5963e886ef59709b0057a.JPGIMG_0113.JPG.80ee8bfe8f8621f7116941ace3592108.JPGIMG_0114.JPG.9479bc5590debf9eaa2ccf3c37fa1f12.JPGIMG_0115.JPG.bc9b70d4956b571fc4f1cadbb9b81433.JPGIMG_0117.JPG.3ca729cd70b214e20e19c6a893709715.JPG

The rear defuser I purchased was a non starter, after getting it painted gloss black I went o fit it last night but it requires some exhaust work to make it fit as the current rear box's were fitted around the current defuser. So I will be selling that. Gutted,,,,mad0259.gif

IMG_0101111111.jpg.0a9fc068f79a239523fce18018864c0c.jpg

Edited by GT STEVE