GT STEVE

Purchased a e93 335i

Several weeks ago I did a bit of a deal with a trader on my GT535 as all it did was sit on my drive way all week and I purchased a 2010 335i Convertible M Sport Highline DCT with 45k miles in Laguna Seca Blue.

The car when I picked it up.

IMG_8383.thumb.JPG.fe0945ba91bd70ef26ec3

And how she looks now.

IMG_8628.JPG.b1fc66dc1f6484ed04ee11942ccIMG_8629.JPG.a5db4d26c3b4763061807a8505dIMG_8630.JPG.0b1bdb751d4fc12dfd5854b706eIMG_8617.JPG.f2042df93ce0d4711721b68ba10IMG_8630.JPG.6b982a85456488874d18b028051

The car has been lowered on SPAX adjustable Sport Coilovers

The BMW performance back box that was on the car was removed and I had a custom quad system fitted with a quad DTM Sport Defuser

I purchased a set of electric fold wing mirrors, fitted them and did some coding so they work off the button and the key

Alloy Wheels, 19" Quantum44 TS1,s, speck on the wheels is, 9.5j and 10.5 with a et30 both front and rear and 245/35 & 265/30 NS2 Sport tyres, great fitment and no rubbing.

M3 Side skirts.

Air Scoops fitted behind the front grills.

Piper Cross performance air filter.

I am waiting for a set of LCI rear lights to arrive so I can get them fitted and coded.

Then it's some performance stuff to look out for.

Edited by GT STEVE

Tiny Update

I purchased a sunglasses holder to replace the ash tray and after asking the question on the e90 forum and finding a "How To" half an hour later it was done

And on sunday I spent almost all day cleaning my 2 baby's.

IMG_8730.JPG.87740544b25ef29f70d3bd287ca

IMG_8729.JPG.d63b326852319be34bcc29f4a3b

IMG_8733.JPG.2709982cf6babd16db54da283a0

Finally fitted some LCI rear lights to the 335, coding wasn't required so I am guessing the last owner had a set on there and removed them, whati did though was code the 4 way flashers to double blink and de badged the boot lid...

you tube link....

https://youtu.be/R2xUPYx7UtE

JULY 016 011.MOV

Edited by GT STEVE

Lovely colour and car.....surprised the original owner did not tick the heated seats option! 

Tiny Update:

I was away on my hollyboobs, Tenerife for 2 weeks and almost 30 degrees every day, while I was away the e93 went in for some paint correction, smoothed bonnet and a full mop and polish.

IMG_9158.JPG.478e2897bea66a6162e83dbc9a4

I collected the car on the 12th, it went right back that weekend as I was not happy with things and as my car did not have massive swirl marks all down one side, the side that was freshly painted, I was a little pissed. Along with being able to see where the front badge was, they were told to sort it out. Now I got the car back this Saturday, it looked lot's better but it needs direct sunlight to see if its all been resolved.

Any way, bit of a bizzy Sunday

I had a mates 116d in for a service, oil/filter, air and pollen filter, fit new gloss black grills and a general clean up and polish

AND I finally fitted the ARKYM Look front splitter to the car, had this for several weeks but I needed some one to help fit it, or rather hold it in place while I did the drilling and bolting it up in place, its a very good fit and in no time it was up and in place, I also did the cowl filter replacement thing.

The 116D

IMG_9287.JPG.f47596706beb3f11f13137e7d37

IMG_9288.JPG.14ee3b7ccd0b59ddfdc7ab47e88

The Lip.

IMG_9270.JPG.ca6bcd7901722a0cdda47a3bd5d

IMG_9283.JPG.25f310bad0af6fc38f25c72af6c

IMG_9282.JPG.fa9b223ba4a2b9a2cee1cd2476f

IMG_9281.JPG.ec5944ca7ad51c54263c4a7730a

And the Cowl Filter's

581759b911a27_335cowlfilter.thumb.JPG.9c

Great looking car! I love the E9x 3er's. I did have a little go at selling my e36 to have one. The only problem I have is i wouldn't be able to stretch to an M3 so it would have to be either a 335i or a 330i. The 330 would probably disappoint on the performance front so the 335 it would have to be which is similar to my E36 but the turbo issues scare me.

Love the wheels btw, they're my favourite aftermarket style.

Was all set to get into a E9x M3 about 8 weeks ago! :D 

Then some stuff happened which ment the funds needed to go else where! :( 

I to am looking at 335i as you can tune them to more than the equivalent M3....

but a M3 is a M3! 

Anyway back to saving.... 

WELL, I BROKE IT :angry:

The start of November I put the car away for the winter also giving me time to purchase all the performance bits I wanted.

By the end of November I had accumulated a big pile of box's in my work shop full of new and 2nd hand shiny stuff.  

Performance parts I purchased,

Mishimoto Intercooler,

Stainless Catless Downpipes,

BMS (N54) Performance Intake,

Aluminium Replacement Chargepipe

BMS Upgrades Replacement PCV Valve

I started working on the car around the 2nd weekend in December, My first task was to remove the old intercooler and fit the new one, not a hard job but that came with an issue, and in the process of fitting it and me being ham fisted I broke the fan shroud behind the intercooler and while trying to fit the intercooler I decided to muller the boost pipe on the left side while I was trying to push it in place.

I downed tools, felt very pissed off and closed up. I then called Cotswold BMW and ordered a new boost pipe @£190 and a new fan shroud @£130, the quickest £320 I have ever spent.......

In the process of all this I discovered  2 oil leaks, I thought the PCV was leaking so that was replaced with the BMS upgrade but it looks like an oil leak behind the gear box or the back of the engine and a power steering fluid leak,

The following weekend I replaced the PCV valve and the Induction kit, I then had another look underneath and looked at fitting the down pipes, that's as far as it got. Downed tools again and walked out, closed the doors and had breakfast.

New Intercooler

IMG_9079.JPG

Replacement PCV Valve 
 IMG_9080.JPG

BMS Kit

IMG_9084.JPG

Broken

IMG_9098.JPG

Broken

IMG_9100.JPG

Mullard this using a large spanner, total twat

IMG_9101.JPG

Oil Leak

IMG_9106.JPG

IMG_9107.JPG

New Boost Pipe

IMG_9306.JPG

Alloy Charge Pipe

IMG_9310.JPG

Cat less down pipes

IMG_9312.JPG

In-between all this the New rear spoiler arrived, this is being moulded on and smoothed in and painted

IMG_9264.PNG

IMG_9265.PNG

NOW,,, 2 weeks ago as It's been a struggle I have finally bit the bullet and given my car to a mechanic friend who has done all the repair work to the car due to me being ham fisted and inpatient and he can do what I can not, and also fitted all the performance parts, I got the car back last night, its running but I now keep getting the engine management light on the dash, I was expecting this so in the morning I am booked in with reidyremaps in Yeovil at 10am,,,, Now if any one in that area want's to meet up for a chat n coffee possibly breakfast if there is a café near and to check out what go's on please feel free, I will be taking the obligatory video's etc and post the result up later tomorrow.

http://reidyremaps.co.uk

4 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

Are you getting a jb4 put on it? 

Im very keen on a 335 myself 

what power will it be running at? 

I am off to Reidy Remaps tomorrow for a map, all done on the rolling road so a live map, run and read befor, tweek and then map it and run and read with final result, looking at any thing from 306bhp up to 370/380 with an extra 10lb torque but I can confirm any thing until its all done

You've got my 335i interest re-kindled. Looks like the modding bug has hit so are you going to LSD it? That would be my first mod. After the M3 I'd hate to go back to a fast RWD car without one tbh.

1 hour ago, GT STEVE said:

I am off to Reidy Remaps tomorrow for a map, all done on the rolling road so a live map, run and read befor, tweek and then map it and run and read with final result, looking at any thing from 306bhp up to 370/380 with an extra 10lb torque but I can confirm any thing until its all done

Out of interest how come your not going for the jb4? With the work you've done you "should" be seeing around the 420 mark and apparently it's an adaptive map so any upgrades you make you don't need to re-map again? 

Also you can choose power levels via the steering wheel. 

Just incase you where wondering that'll be the map I'll be getting when I get round to getting one! ;) 

I had the N54 in my 35is Z4... 

Its very tuneable.... Mine was pushing around 400bhp with a map,its was 340bhp in standard trim though..

Watch how far you push the N54 though,injectors,HPFP,vanos solenoids and Cam ledge bearings can wear and leave you in a world of poo...

Not to mention the turbo's can start to smoke and rattle the wastegates....Another expensive fix.

Another foible is that with the extra power,the tilt of the engine under boost can make the Aux belt hit the crossmember and flip the belt off the tensioners....Also check the power steering pump bolts,they fall out..... 

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:12 PM, Nomis said:

You've got my 335i interest re-kindled. Looks like the modding bug has hit so are you going to LSD it? That would be my first mod. After the M3 I'd hate to go back to a fast RWD car without one tbh.

I might get an M4 Next might just save me all the hassle for the extra gains,

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 5:34 PM, Yokozuna said:

Out of interest how come your not going for the jb4? With the work you've done you "should" be seeing around the 420 mark and apparently it's an adaptive map so any upgrades you make you don't need to re-map again? 

Also you can choose power levels via the steering wheel. 

Just incase you where wondering that'll be the map I'll be getting when I get round to getting one! ;) 

I Did look at the JB4 but I want to keep it sensible and below 380bhp, it go's well with just the mods.

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:12 AM, Nomis said:

^^^other than that they're endlessly reliable? emoji23.png

Until they go POP

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 6:17 PM, alpinaman said:

I had the N54 in my 35is Z4... 

Its very tuneable.... Mine was pushing around 400bhp with a map,its was 340bhp in standard trim though..

Watch how far you push the N54 though,injectors,HPFP,vanos solenoids and Cam ledge bearings can wear and leave you in a world of poo...

Not to mention the turbo's can start to smoke and rattle the wastegates....Another expensive fix.

Another foible is that with the extra power,the tilt of the engine under boost can make the Aux belt hit the crossmember and flip the belt off the tensioners....Also check the power steering pump bolts,they fall out..... 

I want to keep it to a sensible number on this due to the issues you mentioned if it go's over 400+ BHP, I don't think I will go over 380/90 when he starts playing with it.

As for this Saturday, the trip down was fun, its gotten lots quicker with the mods, throttle response, and acceleration, I developed a problem on the drive to Yeovil though, it got a little lumpy, the first thing he did was run a diagnostic, issues with 4,5,6 and after investigating he found that the rocker cover gasket was leaking oil, badly as well,,, oil all over the bottom of the spark plugs and coil's, the oil was sucked up, coil's and plugs removed and cleaned, the 4,5,6 were swapped with 1,2,3,,, The problem looked like a faulty coil, he could not continue so I drove home, I am now waiting for the new plugs and coil's to arrive and a new rocker cover gasket set as well, hopefully after fitting all this and clearing the codes it should run fine,,,,, Fingers Crossed...... 

rolling.JPG