khanny

dpf removal

ca some 1 give me some advise on removing my dpf flter it just won't come out, I've removed the bracing plate, the steering colum shaft that goes to the car and raised the engine a bit but it's still catching on the steering rack.

I really don't want to pull the manifolds and turbos or the steering rack fully any ideas any1.

I've gutted it and the cat as well, its made loads of difference it fells faster than it ever has, I've just got to fit my new sports gear lever now as had to settle for a standard auto selector when mine naffed up as I couldn't find 1 any where but found 1 last week on flee bay. Sports button back thank god.

Hi Khanny,

Do you notice a nasty smell form the exhaust now at all? I've heard people saying the smell was awful after a DPF and CAT delete but I'm hoping that was exaggerated somewhat.

On 18 July 2016 at 10:31 PM, Bigbird76 said:

I'm only your man if you want to remove a whole 535d LCI turbo assembly  :wacko:

1 hour ago, Anthonyc said:

Hi Khanny,

Do you notice a nasty smell form the exhaust now at all? I've heard people saying the smell was awful after a DPF and CAT delete but I'm hoping that was exaggerated somewhat.

Only if you shit yourself after a remap :lol:

ye had remap and dpf delete done before removal but going to put it on rolling road, not noticed any bad smell, smoked like mad when first started but fine now, think I am going to pit a straight. Dpf pipe on tho as the exhaust gas swirling in the can can't be helping. I do get the hill descent light and tc on after about 5 mins of driving for some reason message comes up something like no control assiste drive moderately and the cruise control won't work when that comes on.

my steering wheel is slightly out so not sure if its that.

Edited by khanny