Steveo1

Talk me out of a 7 PLEASE !!!!!!

Hi All

I need your help. 

I"ve been looking to change me current car (535 F11) with another F11 or maybe a 5GT but today a spanner has been thrown in the works. Had an email from my Dealer with regards to deals on the new 7 series so I did some digging and found the 7 is more affordable than i thought.

Taking into account all 3 cars would be on PCP over 4 years and putting the same deposit down on all the cars the 7 series is the cheapest by some way due to the deals on them at the minute, yes the 7 has the highest final payment but I would probably change it after 4 years so that isn't an issue. 

Running cost look the same as my current car although the insurance is a little more expensive. I'm not a million so o do have a limited budget but like I said the 7 the cheapest of the 3 I'm looking at.

The 7 I'm looking at is a 740li M SPORT with some nice options. Always loved big saloon cars especially the 7 series but not sure if my heart is ruling my head. Ive had estates  for a number of years now and find them really handy but am very tempted to go for the 7.

So as the title says PLEASE help convince me I'm better off with a F11 the GT.

Cheers in advance 

I looked into 7ers.  Not much more cash than what I paid for my second E60 would have got me a 745i.

I have seen several 760Li at less than 1 year old with sub 10,000 miles on the clock being advertised AUC for around the £55k  which is still a load of beer vouchers but when you think that someone paid just about £120,000 for it less than 12 months ago for what is essentially the underpinnings of a Rolls Royce, you have to think twice.  Never seen one in the flesh though.

Most 7ers you see a 730d's which is just as pants as a 520d if you ask me.  Why have a nice luxo barge like a 7er and put a slightly less clattery Diesel in it.

They are exclusive, as folk would by an S Class in that sector or if they have had a full frontal lobotomy, a Range Rooney.

Pity the 740i isn't a V8 anymore, its my engine with the boost dialled up a bit more on the hairdryer.

I don't like the GTs so there is no way I'm going to tell you not to buy a proper engined 7 series!

Good luck.

Do it!!! The new 7 is lovely, especially in sport guise, either se or sport i would take in a heartbeat 

5 series GT looks nasty

7 series is nice looking apart from the disproportionate large kidney grills

6 Series GC looks good though

If the new 7 is anything like its predecessors re build quality then do it. From my experience BMW's flagship model is always head and shoulders above its siblings in refinement and sheer quality of components and build. ;)

C.

6 series GC gets my vote.  Can feel enclosed inside with dark interior due to coupe lines - light interior made the difference for me.  

Test drove a 640d msport and was very impressed with refinement and speed.  It'll most likely be my next car, only downside is diesel...  However, it was hard to tell it was diesel inside as so refined. 

^ the first time you fill up you will be reminded of the Diesel due to the stink that gets on your hands despite wearing the gloves you get on the forecourt.

So you're the guy that uses the gloves!?!?! Lol

If you need the estate buy and F11 (in fact wait for the new one due soon) or yeah get a 7 series. Looks superb and with its carbon bits it's apparently way ahead of the last 7 series. I'm just not old enough to suit a 7 series....

Yeah but since the lovely E38 why do they have to make them so bloody ugly.

Rather have a Mercedes S500

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

So you're the guy that uses the gloves!?!?! Lol

If you need the estate buy and F11 (in fact wait for the new one due soon) or yeah get a 7 series. Looks superb and with its carbon bits it's apparently way ahead of the last 7 series. I'm just not old enough to suit a 7 series....

I used to laugh at the folk that used the gloves and now I find myself using them

I always wear gloves, diesel fuel is a pain in the arse. This from a person who services diesel generators and it used to "wearing"diesel on a regular basis.

Yeah but since the lovely E38 why do they have to make them so bloody ugly.

Rather have a Mercedes S500

This has always perplexed me! I can't think I've seen a current s class so don't know what they look like but Mercedes have some pretty challenging styling Q's at the moment. To my eyes the f10/11 is about the best looking executive classed car at the moment and will age well like the e39.

As to the op's predicament, just get the 7er if it's financially viable. Who cares what it looks like, it'll be a bloody lovely thing to waft about in. The only reasons to choose a 5 over a 7 with your own money is because either you can't afford a 7 or you want an M5

They are fudging massive but full to the brim with toys!

e6f610eb902394cbfe9dc00ff963d173.jpg

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Spice-Boy said:

They are fudging massive but full to the brim with toys!

e6f610eb902394cbfe9dc00ff963d173.jpg

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Looks shite! Buy it for the toys if that is what floats your boat. I wouldnt piss on it if it was fire! Sorry its awful looking.

merc s.jpg

Thanks for the replies

I would wait for the new Touring Lennox but my current PCP deal will be up before the new touring comes out. 

My my only other concern is the fact the car is parked in the street and just not sure if it's just going to be to big it's apparently 12" longer than my F11.