535i Andrew

IDrive controller warm to touch

Was out in the car for most of yesterday working on the railway. Did about 180 miles effortlessly, so it was the longest time I've spent in the car since owning it and I noticed that the twirly iDrive dial knob thingie was warm to the touch. Surrounding buttons weren't and nothing's no else was.

Is this normal after long periods of the car running?

Mine has the touch pad but I can't say I've ever grabbed it and thought it felt particularly warm, and I do use it quite a lot. I'll make a point of having a good feel next time I'm on a long journey.

Touchpad?

Nope don't think mine has that feature.  It's just an ordinary one that you have to turn and press down to make it do things rather than just touching it to get the desired effect.

Edited by 535iAR

29 minutes ago, 535iAR said:

Touchpad?

Nope don't think mine has that feature.  It's just an ordinary one that you have to turn and press down to make it do things rather than just touching it to get the desired effect.

The iController is a fair bit bigger than the original version with a  round touchpad (laptop style) on the top which can  be used to trace out numbers and letters when inputting an address, it's much easier and quicker that turning the iController backwards and forwards to select letters.

My knob is always warm, I barely play with my knob though, my girl friend does and that's what shes told me!