jendora

Brake pad light on

11 posts in this topic

Hi, today on the way to work my brake pad light was on. I came home and try BMW scanner and INPA, both showed me this codes and under ABS was another one. I have 520i 2001.Anybody have any idea whats a problem? Thank you in advancedash-page-001.jpg.805d4feb04da96505f1130ABS.jpg.d21d7bcb933393d1d68d563d8933efdb

Edited by jendora

Are your pads worn at all? That is the usual reason for the pad warning light. 

Did you replace the sensors when pads were changed? 

If if not did the sensors come away from the pads intact ( assuming they hand not been triggered)

Reason for asking is I had the same issue, someone had tried to reuse the sensor and looked to have damaged the wiring, over time water /dirt had got in and I'm assuming cause the triggering of the light on the dash. 

New sensor cured the issue.

John

I changed pads and sensors too. But light come up couple days ago, so I checked it through INPA and BMW scanner and showed me this errors, nothing else. What I think, maybe wrong, but If will be problem with brake pads or sensor diagnostic will show me error for it, but again,maybe Im wrong.

Did your old pads trigger the sensor before you replaced them? 

Maybe just needs the error codes cleared and see if anything comes back

Unplug each wear sensor one by one and short out the plug until the warning light goes out. It's going to be a faulty wear sensor somewhere.