DUFFY

Gaydon Bmw Festival 2016 ?

Craig, we are meeting up along the M40, whereabouts is good for you ?

Anywhere between south Wales and Gaydon lol. I'll meet up with you guys anywhere along the M40. One of the services maybe? We will be travelling from M5 up the M42 then M40 if that helps. Just want a rough time to arrange when to leave here.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Come and find us mate :)

9 hours ago, Spice-Boy said:

Anywhere between south Wales and Gaydon lol. I'll meet up with you guys anywhere along the M40. One of the services maybe? We will be travelling from M5 up the M42 then M40 if that helps. Just want a rough time to arrange when to leave here.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Craig we will be leaving Beaconsfield at 7.45 so work your way up from there and decide :) Top Gear rules apply ;)

It was a bit crap tbh. Just really 'flat', attendance was seriously down on last year and just........well, boring. You can only do the same old thing for so many years (10 or more now?)

The new Jag museum was great though, some lovely metal in there. After an hour in there, the BMW's all looked a bit sad.....

Sorry to hear. I went 2/3 times probably 7/8 years back now. We had a stand which was good but TBH I felt there are better shows out there so not been back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't impressed tbh did say last year I wouldn't go back but ended up going again. Got there too late so couldn't get onto the 5 forum stand ended up on the e39 board after some time trying to convince the organisers.

What other shows are there other than Santa Pod?

Underwhelmed, no atmosphere, I was on the M-Power stand amid acres of empty space, not much in the way of trade although better than before and I still forgot to seek Richard P out for a natter.... But at least I got to drool over his M1.

I agree the show was not that inspiring, but we enjoyed ourselves on the forum stand, a good turn out of e28's, many thanks to Justin for organising it.

Edited by JAM172
Tact

2 hours ago, Neilb said:

Underwhelmed, no atmosphere, I was on the M-Power stand amid acres of empty space, not much in the way of trade although better than before and I still forgot to seek Richard P out for a natter.... But at least I got to drool over his M1.

Ah, so that's what it was on the passenger side window! :)

I think the 100 year photo too a lot of cars away from the main area which made it seem quieter than it was.  I think the photo caused too much disruption on the day and may have been batter done on the Saturday, but then that would have meant people staying overnight which would have excluded some from taking part.  Time will tell if the picture was worth the disruption.

I had a good day, but I was rushing about quite a bit between locations, got to see a few people but not everyone I knew was there.

Sorry to hear. I went 2/3 times probably 7/8 years back now. We had a stand which was good but TBH I felt there are better shows out there so not been back.

What shows would you recommend Duncan?

I thought the show itself was a bit flat and seemed really disorganised.  The hightlights were the banter with the usual suspects, the drive up, meeting some guys from the forum I had not met before and bumping into some old familar faces.   Also the museum was good and there were some interesting things in the new Jaguar part, even if the layout was a bit strange.

I will post up some pics later.

I couldn't get there this year (even though I live 3 miles away!) as I was on hols, however Ive been to a few car events there recently and I think the new Museum Management don't seem to get involved in the 'outside' events so much anymore.

The MG Rover BL and Ford shows I went to were also poorly attended, with no real autojumble/trade stands even though they were advertised as such - BMM staff really do need to help push these events rather than see them as a rent out the carpark type event as all would benefit from better organisation. Also the last 12 months roadworks haven't helped, J12 M40 was closed on the day of one major classic event which caused lots of problems for attendees and organisers.

I thought the show itself was a bit flat and seemed really disorganised.  The hightlights were the banter with the usual suspects, the drive up, meeting some guys from the forum I had not met before and bumping into some old familar faces.   Also the museum was good and there were some interesting things in the new Jaguar part, even if the layout was a bit strange.

I will post up some pics later.

That's what I enjoyed when we first went. The club banter rather than the show itself.

What shows would you recommend Duncan?

Not sure. Depends on your bag.

I like the festival of speed. Classics on the common. Uxbridge. Would like to go to the speed trials at Brighton and good wood revival

Basically where there is variety. One make stuff is a but samey imho.