Spice-Boy

Sell me stuff!

Jimmy,

I've just ordered a laptop that is going to be dedicated for diagnostics and coding and has an rs232 port.

What do I need? Iirc you don't do the round under bonnet interface? If I could order the software from you?

Whats the oldest your kit will work on?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Hi Craig,

I do a kit with usb cable and 20 pin adapter cable for use on early e38/39 and e46,

if your wanting to use it on an e34 you will need an ADS cable, for that you will need a true serial port which you have said the laptop has

so if it is for the e34 ADS i sthe way to go, if its for post 1997 cars then the usb cable and adapter is the way to go.

Thanks for your reply Jimmy,

I will be primarily using it on my e34 BUT it has a 1998 m52 including ecu so I should be able to use your cable and adapter. However, would there be any issues with me using cables via USB and the serial port? Not at the same time of course but would I need to alter the software each time I wish to use a different type of Port?

Also, what are your prices? :-) I'll check to see what I already have here too.

Craig, you need either that adapter or the do-it-auto one for ADS. I have successfully set up INPA with ADS on a laptop with a serial adapter, through the do-it-auto interface. Used on E36. I have a load of links somewhere I can send if you're interested.

My girlfriend used to live in Blackwood, small world.

Yes that will work just fine, I have around 10 of the tiny kits left if your handy with a soldering iron,

all complete just need 20 pin obd end soldering on. £35 delivered.

Craig, you need either that adapter or the do-it-auto one for ADS. I have successfully set up INPA with ADS on a laptop with a serial adapter, through the do-it-auto interface. Used on E36. I have a load of links somewhere I can send if you're interested.

My girlfriend used to live in Blackwood, small world.

I did consider using an adapter of sorts but I've bought a laptop with a serial port so can use a proper cable :-) it is a small world! I've just moved to just outside blackwood now but love the area.

Yes that will work just fine, I have around 10 of the tiny kits left if your handy with a soldering iron,

all complete just need 20 pin obd end soldering on. £35 delivered.

Excellent, I could easily bang one of those together. How would one like payment?

Thanks to Jimmy's tiny ADS kit, I've now made a fully working ADS connector and can now fully read my e34. Granted, it's read as an e36 but if it had the original engine I could read that too.