mumbojumbo

E34 535i Sport / M5 content

I've owned this M5 6 months now, so due a little update. I've been using it quite sporadically but managed a trip to Bristol and back as well as taking it to Silverstone F1 last Sunday. The exhaust note and power above 3.5k is addictive. I noticed it was running a little cool so changed out the thermostat and coolant and i've also upgraded the stereo to a decentish Pioneer one although in truth with the sunroof open and 2nd gear i prefer listening to the engine. 

Its a fantastic car to drive, light clutch and feels great round bendy roads.  My one gripe is that it could do with some tighter steering, i have a rebuilt steering box from the 535 (see earlier in the thread) which i may swap out over the winter.  Comparing the car overall back to back to my E39 540 i'd say the 540 more appropriate for Mway cruising, purely because of the gearing. 

The car was also featured in this months Classic Car magazine, so i got a free photoshoot and walk around Beauleau Motor Museum and Grounds, which i highly recommend. Here a few snaps from the day. 

Generally speaking i'm now keen to add to the stable and if the right 2002 / 2003 E39 M5 came up for sale i'd be very tempted. To make space for all this i'm clearing some land next to my garage to put the MX5 and the shell of the 535 so i can get the M5 in the garage in time for Winter. I'm still undecided what to do with the 535 which is still in parts. 

Next on the horizon is the MOT due in August, so we'll what what that throws up, but other than that i plan to just continue enjoying it.

291l54x.jpg 

2iiiepu.jpg

117coww.jpg

2uzz585.jpg

Quick Update, passed its MOT today, with no advisories. :-D

It initially failed on Friday on emissions, but with recent spark plugs, filters etc my mechanic felt simply a weekend of spirited driving would do it the world of good, and it must have because emissions are now back to acceptable levels. I had a brilliant drive to Boxhill, around and back and would thoroughly recommend it...

All for now. Continued enjoyment is the order of the day

Thx