Jamworth

Goodwood FOS

Anyone going to Goodwood Festival of Speed this year?

Just booked our tickets for the saturday, 5 tickets and just over £330 later!! But screw the cost, it's an epic day and beats most, if not all of the major car fests. Plus it's not every day you get to rub shoulders with famous faces. 

Keep an eye on the field for my 5 :P

Jam

I will give it a miss this year. I like to go every other year, but its worth the entry fee as its one of the best car days / Weekends about

Will be there Friday first time hope it's good as everbody says 

It's amazing, trust me. It's like every car manufacturer, take all their best equipment, prototypes and all and throw it all into a field.

Top of the hill you've the rally stages with proper rally cars and drivers. You've the goodwood track which they take all the cars round on, even some of the prototypes!

Honda had a bloody Ferris wheel the last time i went..like a full size ride!

Also if it's anything like last time I went, take your BMW key. Gets you into the BMW Hospitality Area. Also as a note, take a picnic and some comfy shoes. Lots of walking and the food prices are ridiculous!

Jamie

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Booked my Revival tickets before Christmas!, cant be too careful.

Been to last two FOS so giving it a miss this year - might sneak Le Mans classic in !

We are going on Friday, auction view as well plus have some seats - then off to Le Mans Classic in July - also excellent and a week end away getting grubby etc.

I haven't been down in like 15 years or more but happy to say ill be there this year Thursday to sunday

ive rented a cottage about 5 miles away, going to make a nice long weekend of it.

give me a shout if anyone wants to catch up down there

Hi Tris, hope you enjoy it - very busy now so expected sell out density.

Car park full of good stuff as well.

Paddock open to all and very popular and raises the jealousy factor, there is a further paddock in stable area plus maybe serious stuff in elegance display, especially fantastic Italian coachwork - 1 guy owned about six of them.

Not sure of host theme this year, for few quid the Bonhams catalogue provides entrance on one day plus a good luck at the next overpriced batch of exotica, I bought the E Type there in 2000 and my then business partner bought RUF 1, the first RUF converted 911 turbo mad machine - he still has it as well, both for less than £30k !! !!

I am not fit for the day dragging around so family will be there as usual re GRRC membership etc.

Some sharp rally cars up the hill on that stage.

Make most of it and try to get to Revival in September, that very exiting stuff and cars to make you stop and think.

Friend may get his Mk 1 race car accepted if all goes his way but entrant achievement is slim pickings

thanks for the tips keith!

yeah I expect it to be very busy which is why ill be down all 4 days, can take my time and not have to rush about try cram it all in. also booked some choppa rides so hopefully get some nice pics from up high.

not sure ill make the revival, im supposed to be at SEMA so will prob need to keep cash and holidays aside for that, and also excited to have just confirmed going racing with RWB at Idlers 12hr in Japan in july, 2 weeks after FOS... cant wait!

22 minutes ago, andy_ran said:

Sounds like a life time few weeks ahead there dude!! 

excited but also shitting myself a little bit! been long long time since was involved in anything to this level, and first ever endurance, staying awake ,the heat n humidity is going to be a killer! not to mention I don't know any of the team other than the boss himself n a little text chat with few others!

4 hours ago, tristan said:

excited but also shitting myself a little bit! been long long time since was involved in anything to this level, and first ever endurance, staying awake ,the heat n humidity is going to be a killer! not to mention I don't know any of the team other than the boss himself n a little text chat with few others!

Are you working as part of the team then mate!! Bring you back quickly to the days of Jordan i would think

yes mate, arrive on the Wednesday, few days in the garage in chiba preparing the cars, 6 plus a couple spares I think, then drive them to the circuit Saturday night, twin ring motegei about 2-3 hours into the mountains, prepare for 8am race start then 12 hours of racing mucking in with anything and everything, the drivers don't just drive, they do pitstops, repairs, whatever needs doing during the race.

some cool vids of the previous years...

I'm here with the wife and kids. Amazing day, always an occasion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro