s1mon

E34

No problem, it only took a minute. I would say that grey cloth looks about right, it's relatively common on the early cars but doesn't age too well. A lot of sets have probably been put through the crushers.

Maybe consider getting a set re-covered if you struggle to find decent ones? You could probably source some of that blue/green stripy Alpina fabric and make something quite special.

The white plus probably is for electric seats, but the wiring looms are virtually identical on all cars. Your car didn't originally have electric seats according to the info above.

Forum member eamo has just replaced his rear e34 sports cloth/velour with an M5 bench. May be a worth a PM and he may have Fronts too? ;)

C.

Thanks, I will PM him at some point... Spoke to the guy who had the engine rebuilt today, he verified everything and said all genuine Alpina parts were used, and ordered from Germany, so im really happy about that, Pistons were changed as well apparently, so effectively I have a little piece of mind that although it's high mileage the engine has only done 40k 

my 993 is in need of a few bits first, once that is done then the fun begins with the Alpina !! 

One question, where the floor wells are written out, the side that's been welded is full of water (drivers front) Is this something to do with the sunroof drains? (Just what I have read)

Edited by s1mon

As the car is a Sytner Build there will be no second chassis number and the BMW chassis number will have no mention whatsoever of Alpina..... but, the history file and any documentation is everything with these Sytner cars.

Provided everything is correctly documented the car is as genuine as a Buchloe build as they had the same level of conversion with exactly the same parts. History and authenticity is everything for a Sytner built car and that is paramount.

In terms of the seats, as there is no history of an Alpina cloth or Alpina leather interior so I wouldn't be too hung up on keepin the genuine BMW cloth seats, so I would probably save my pennies for an Alpina E34 interior popping up on ebay.de or retrimming an E34 interior in re-manufactured Alpina cloth.

E34 Alpinas are rare and lovely cars so its good to hear its getting some tlc.

Alpina cloth would be amazing, obviously hard to come by and I would imagine bloody expensive...

I will keep a look out, but won't hold my breath !!

I know a trimmer that's local to me who has done several projects like this. It's likely I'll be passing sometime in the foreseeable - wouldn't hurt for me to pose the question.

Thanks Tom, 

please dont put put yourself out mate - If your there anyway then that would be great !! I owe you one for sure,

Simon