E28 Bert

E28's & Other 5 Series on the Hill - 18/06/16 - Fort Nelson, Portsmouth

Great day and thanks for the organisation. Good to have spent so much time taking to those of you I met - a real pleasure.  Unfotunate to have arrived late (got caught up in a car fire on the way down on the A3) & to have missed some of you with 525e's. Here's some photos... Mine is the "Duncan"....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks to everyone who turned up today, it was great to meet you all and apologies to those I didn't get chance to speak to.

Beleive it or not I ended up with sun burn and I now have a red face, wasn't expecting that today!

Photos are not my strong point but here are a few from today image.thumb.jpeg.06173127ddac795f96e1ebaimage.thumb.jpeg.f531f8c5616adb1e0194a51image.thumb.jpeg.ed66110229d6e4ca0cd7659image.thumb.jpeg.e01e257fec19ab94d3f86a1image.thumb.jpeg.4fb43eb15381f6a90f041f8

image.jpeg

Excellent turn out and nice to see my old 525e being enjoyed. My wife just told me how much she liked driving it a bit late! And my old white door too :lol:

Interesting how many etas are thriving too at least 4 there no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Duncan good to be in touch .. The ex "Duncan's car" has been all over the UK in the last year! Shame you couldn't make it to reunite you. Given the comments maybe i just haven't accept my eta is called "Duncan"! 

God no it's a bad enough name on a person it's been to Newcastle and Devon/ Cornwall with me. There is something relaxing about the way they drive. A kind of will get there when we get there with no stress.

I am so gutted I couldn't make this. Between a split coolant hose on my BMW and the piston going through the side of the block on my Grand Cherokee it's been about the worst car week I've ever had.

Hope you guys run this again as I was so keen to come.

Great to see you all had a good day.

Unfortunately I discovered a slow tyre leak on Friday evening which was due to a pothole I hit at speed on a Belgian motorway last Monday, on the way home from Germany. The rim is slightly distorted so will be putting it in for repair at Wheel Works in Crawley this week.

Of course I could have used the spare but it has a smaller  'get me home' tyre fitted currently and didn't fancy a 150 mile round trip on it.

Thanks to those who posted pics, nice to see so many E28s together.

Thanks to Mick and Rob for organising, had chance to meet other like minded members. Great few hours.

Good to get a selection of 5s together. Looking forward to next year.

Glad we all enjoyed and it was just a hop up the road for me, its a good site and may well be bigger meet again, say next year.

Edited by urquattro
correction

Thank you to everybody who attended and made the day so worthwhile.  All in all a grand day out.

Eight E28's in total as follows:

518i - ABS_83.

525i (now a 535i) - IHLJEVANS (Taffy).

525e - E28 Bert (Rob).

525e (Duncan)- Guy.

525e - Ordnator (Janet).

525e - Ordnator (Mick).

528i - GAZA01 (Shaun).

M535i - Garym535i (Gary).

Also a 2002 - John H, E39 523i - Derek, E34 Alpina Touring - Sharkfan, E34 M5 Urquattro, E39 525i Touring - Hippy, E39 Alpina - Barry M, E39 d .  Apologies to anybody I missed out.

I nice diverse selection of BMW's finest.

It was good to see some cracking cars, meet old friends, greet new ones, put faces to names and generally talk cars all day.

Who's up for next year?

Regards,

Mick

At last fellas, it was great to meet you all and put faces to names. I got lost on my way to this position but now I'm here, I'll post my three in the right place!:wub:

WP_20160618_13_02_28_Pro.thumb.jpg.42ac3IMGP0519.thumb.JPG.25f3eb3eff7c6e51ffef0IMGP0520.thumb.JPG.f2f52b754ad600b436457

Edited by IHLJEVANS

Also, it was good meeting new people and putting faces to names! Learnt some new car hacks, and it was great seeing the rare, and old Bimmers still surviving! 

Thought I'd revive this post again - I intended to drop past last year but in the end I was unable to get there.

How about it again this summer?

Edited by Loadmaster

12 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

Thought I'd revive this post again - I intended to drop past last year but in the end I was unable to get there.

How about it again this summer?

Looking into it.  Going to visit the Royal Marine Museum Eastney to enquire if they can accommodate us for some E28's on the Promenade, or back to Fort Nelson for E28's on the Hill v3.0.

Looking to organise something in May so if anybody has any preferences or can point out any obvious conflictions with other events then please chime in.

Will update in due course as things develop.

Enjoy your weekend.

Regards,

Mick