E28 Bert

E28's & Other 5 Series on the Hill - 18/06/16 - Fort Nelson, Portsmouth

I'll be arriving between 9:30-10am only due to needing a detour on the way down to Basingstoke :-)

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Sorry to let you down, but I am unable to attend, I still have issues with the e12 and need Saturday to fit a new fuel tank, sender, pump etc etc, this car truly hates the idea of being in use again, you know what I hate it too!

8 hours ago, JAM172 said:

Sorry to let you down, but I am unable to attend, I still have issues with the e12 and need Saturday to fit a new fuel tank, sender, pump etc etc, this car truly hates the idea of being in use again, you know what I hate it too!

That's unfortunate, sorry to hear that.

On 13 June 2016 at 2:32 PM, JAM172 said:

Thats a shame, was looking forward to seeing the e28 again, not seen it in a few years

Shouldn't be no,  you can wonder in and out the museum as its free, there's a small cafe at the entrance so plenty to see and do there all day.............oh forgot there will be some BMW's there to look at as well  :D

Hi Bert, what's the SP on tomorrow? With all this rubbish rain will we still be going ahead?

Some may not attempt it if it looks iffy, me being one of them. Sorry about that.

Gary

I'll be there, in the visitors section. Just got to put the wheels back on!!!

Still cant upload a photo!!! Its orange! 

Aiming to be there at 9:30-10:00 for bacon sarnies. There are sarnies right? Bert the are sarnies right? Bert! Ordnator! Anyone!  

I intend to be on site from just after 08:00 tomorrow morning with E28Bert arriving a little later on.

There is currently no rain in the BBC Weather forecast for Portsmouth / Fareham for tomorrow.

The intention is to survey the front lawn for firmness in wake of the recent sprinkles to assess its fitness for use.  If it is to soggy then we will revert to plan B.

Looking forward to seeing around 20 5 series of which a dozen or so are E28's, greeting old friends, meeting new ones and putting some faces to names.

Safe journey to all those attending.

Regards,

Mick

Edited by Ordnator

Just seen the weather forcast on the evening news, looks to be good all day Saturday. 

Plan was to give the car a clean this afternoon in preparation for Saturday, looks like I will have to get up extra early in the morning and give it a once over before I leave.

JohnH, just looked for the menu at the fort and it does not give much away, just says a selection of sandwiches, panini and snacks, so you may get lucky. :o

Will try but the new three piece suite is turning up Sat am of all bloody days, sorry if don't attend though at M5 was ready.

Looking forward to this but bringing the E34 as-is; should be there between 9 and 10 and will have that E24/28 Sunroof Wind deflector with me for whomever was interested in it.

If anyone has a E34 front nearside door central locking actuator I'll be happy to take a tested one from them as mine is getting sticky.

So. I've managed to ruin a rear tyre and had a warning on the dash for my rear brakes... The pads are non-existent. Couple this with being dicked about by the buyer of my charger I'm not in a position to drive down tomorrow. I'm truly gutted. Take lots of pics!!

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, JohnH said:

I'll be there, in the visitors section. Just got to put the wheels back on!!!

Still cant upload a photo!!! Its orange! 

Aiming to be there at 9:30-10:00 for bacon sarnies. There are sarnies right? Bert the are sarnies right? Bert! Ordnator! Anyone!  

Dont panic John, the cafe does sandwiches! 

3 hours ago, garym535i said:

Hi Bert, what's the SP on tomorrow? With all this rubbish rain will we still be going ahead?

Some may not attempt it if it looks iffy, me being one of them. Sorry about that.

Gary

Just got back from Milton Keynes and it was brilliant sunshine until I hit Chichester, then all hell broke loose with the weather , thunder, lightning, flooding, it has however stopped now so hoping it will dry up by tomorrow 

Edited by E28 Bert

18 hours ago, urquattro said:

Will try but the new three piece suite is turning up Sat am of all bloody days, sorry if don't attend though at M5 was ready.

Suite arrived ok and then out drive like a shot, couple of gallons in tank and a dash over the hill and there.

Great to see E28 up close as rarely seen these days. Always like Alpinas so good to see Barry has polished.

Need to find a door locking actuator, sure that I have one around, so in the store shed asap - S/Fan will PM if ok.

Thanks for organising this gentlemen!

Good to put faces to names:)

Great venue:):)

Great cars:):):)

Forgot to take pics - too busy jabbering:(