E28 Bert

E28's & Other 5 Series on the Hill - 18/06/16 - Fort Nelson, Portsmouth

Going to Fort Nelson on Friday to visit the Operations Manager and finalise the details for the "E28's & Other 5 Series on the Hill" meeting.

Should be able to post details at the weekend.

Need a few more E28's if we are to reach the ambitious target of 28 x E28's for the BMW Centenary.

Regards,

Mick

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 10:41 AM, dan101smith said:

Mine will be with me at Le Mans that weekend, otherwise I'd be there. 

Hi Dan,

Can't compete with Le Mans.  Enjoy your trip.

You taking the M5 again?  with us in spirit then :lol:

Regards,

Mick

On 11/05/2016 at 10:41 AM, dan101smith said:

Mine will be with me at Le Mans that weekend, otherwise I'd be there. 

Can i get in the boot?

Needs to be! Got this bank holiday cleared purely to work on the e28. Full decon and 2 stage paint correction, replace both bumpers, refurb wheels and give the inside a bit of tlc to!...just so that she don't stand out as the 'skip' at the meet! ;)

As stated in E28 Bert's updated original post.

We have been offered the use of the front lawn (Bert's picture in the original post) and it is quite a dramatic setting IMHO.

Access to the lawn is via a footpath which we will have to marshal cars across (hi visibility vests etc.).  We can have free access from 08:00 up until 10:00.

Between 10:00 - 13:00 there is potentially a lot of foot traffic on this path so we would have to look at batching cars and co-ordinate with the museum staff to de-conflict with the pedestrians and the degree of difficulty goes up accordingly.

After 13:00 or when the footpath use diminishes we should regain free access (with marshals) for further entry and exit.

The main car park entrance is to the East of the Fort on the road that runs across the Forts front to the south.  Will post up a map over the weekend.

Regards,

Mick

Edited by Ordnator

Morning all. Looks like I've a family event to get to first thing. But for sure I will be there in my 525e arrving to Portsmouth about 1pm.

Hi All, as this is now less than 2 weeks away I thought I would just put a reminder out there for everyone.

The long range weather forecast is looking good so get your cars cleaned and polished and fingers crossed the cars won't get wet!

The location of Fort Nelson can be found on the first post of this thread, but just to add to this,  when you arrive at the entrance to the fort, turn immediately left which will take you towards the lawned area where we will be parked.

If arriving before 10am you should be able to drive straight through with a bit of care, if arriving after 10 then Mick, Ivor or myself will have to Marshall you through due to visitors to the fort walking in. We will be loitering around the entrance, no doubt in hi-viz jackets waving at anything with a BMW badge! 

7 hours ago, falcodub said:

Is this child friendly?

I'm only in Southampton so looks a good reason to get along to my first meet with an e39

Yes absolutley, I go there several times a year with my kids 

As long as you don't mind an impure e34 sport there, count me in :-)

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Spice-Boy said:

As long as you don't mind an impure e34 sport there, count me in :-)

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Yeah we love E34's almost bought  a 535 sport before my e28 :wub:

Hi Rob,

Will you add one more to the list please.

20.  Mrs Ordnator - E28 525e.

Any idea how many E28s we have attending now?

Regards,

Mick

40 minutes ago, BarryM said:

Hi, I'm hoping to turn up in my E39 - is 10am the latest we can park up in the fort?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, you can turn up later, although we will have to "guide" you through to the area where we are parking due to foot traffic going into the museum, one of us will be around the car park entrance to guide you.