p3tchy

Remap + DPF delete, Good price?

16 hours ago, rickster147 said:

That's a great time is that my audi rs6 managed a 13.4 and that had 480 ps and 700 nm torque not easy to get off the line with these autos without risking gearbox damage

the problem with the 535 is the start 1st gear lets it down, i had run with a 400bhp evo and Subaru and found they got the edge on the start but once in second there was nothing in it and to be honest i was faster than the evo crossing the line!!!! im looking at  maybe doing a few more mods maybe stage 1!!!! if anyone has any advice please let me know!!!! i know the gearbox is good for 400bhp apparently!!!!

If a car was built with a DPF then its a requirement to check it ion MOT. All they do at the moment is look for the big box on the exhaust, however, who's to say this won't change and there will be a rush of people trying to reinstall them. TBH, my tailpipe looks clean as a whistle, no soot or visible smoke. I wouldn't jeopardise that for a few HP myself.

52 minutes ago, revjames said:

If a car was built with a DPF then its a requirement to check it ion MOT. All they do at the moment is look for the big box on the exhaust, however, who's to say this won't change and there will be a rush of people trying to reinstall them. TBH, my tailpipe looks clean as a whistle, no soot or visible smoke. I wouldn't jeopardise that for a few HP myself.

TBH people don't really get rid of them for a few more HP, it's more of a preventative maintenance issue, as they all tend to block up at 1 point or another leading to expensive repair bills, a few extra ponies is just a nice side affect

3 hours ago, revjames said:

If a car was built with a DPF then its a requirement to check it ion MOT. All they do at the moment is look for the big box on the exhaust, however, who's to say this won't change and there will be a rush of people trying to reinstall them.

It may well change but tbh we've been hearing ^ that on and off for five years. I wouldn't loose any sleep over it just yet (even with the love / hate relationship the government has with Diesel cars :rolleyes:). Truly hate the dpf with a passion - long may the MOT dithering over it continue :D.

Indeed. I think if my DPF failed, I would be tempted. The car tells me its good for another 90000 miles so hopefully won't need to worry about it for a while.