p3tchy

Remap + DPF delete, Good price?

33 posts in this topic

Been quoted £384 for remap + code out DPF, and remove internals of DPF. 

Any thoughts. 

I paid £500 - also go for a well known map company..not worth risking your engine on a poor map.

Dont go with the cheapest one you find - as when things go tits up you need good after sales service..

My guy did not put a connector back in its place - took me ages to find what was making the vibrations \ loud sounds..the people who did the work did not want to help..! 

My car sounded like a cow!  

Edited by Samuk

24 minutes ago, Samuk said:

I paid £500 - also go for a well known map company..not worth risking your engine on a poor map.

Dont go with the cheapest one you find - as when things go tits up you need good after sales service..

My guy did not put a connector back in its place - took me ages to find what was making the vibrations \ loud sounds..the people who did the work did not want to help..! 

My car sounded like a cow!  

+1. Don't always go with the cheapest. Just through his reputation on here im making a 400 mile trip to see gareth from avon. 

It's my mates garage but they are a PPCGB dealer as well. 

I'm now thinking I'll just get the decat and dpf pipe fitted that I already have and have the dpf coded out. 

Or might even just have the flexi replaced on the back of the cat. I'm in 3 minds as I can't be bothered to spend money on this car anymore. 

Where are you based p3tchy? I recently used SP tuning in Hinckley. They did DPF delete, EGR delete and remap for £350 and come highly recommended.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

£350 is really cheap..as its 3 odd hours work..+ map that usually costs near £500 from a decent company

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yeah it took him.about 5 hours in total. He is an independent but it's all he does so somewhat of an expert at it. Came highly recommended to me by the owner of a local garage who I trust implicitly.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I paid 250 for a stage 2 blue file remap from quantum which was ok for about 3 weeks!!!!

then I had dpf trouble which was too far gone for regeneration apparently so they removed it for me which cost me 350!!!!

but after that I havnt looked back!!!

I have a 535d on a 55!!!

and have roasted some pretty expensive sports cars or sat up there arse all the way too 155!!!!

which I would like to add in 6th gear sits on 3500 rpm!!!!

so impressed I decided to go santapod which I managed 13.65 quarter mile time doing 104.79 !!!!

and on the way home sat on the arse of an audi rs3!!! yeah mate its a diesel!!!!

love the car cant afford an m5 but this will do!!!!

p3tchy and ferguscawley like this

I have heard from a mate today that next years MOT will have the OBD plugged in to check the EG|R and DPF are both running as should, and if not they fail the MOT.

Is this true? or even possible. could affect  a lot of us if so...

Do you have a source for this? I think the new Euro 6c vehicles emmisions will be done via OBD but i very much doubt thats the case for older cars

15 hours ago, judd1 said:

I paid 250 for a stage 2 blue file remap from quantum which was ok for about 3 weeks!!!!

then I had dpf trouble which was too far gone for regeneration apparently so they removed it for me which cost me 350!!!!

I have a 535d on a 55!!!

and have roasted some pretty expensive sports cars or sat up there arse all the way too 155!!!!

so impressed I decided to go santapod which I managed 13.65 quarter mile time doing 104.79 !!!!

and on the way home sat on the arse of an audi rs3!!! yeah mate its a diesel!!!!

Very enthusiastic!!! 

Lol!!! 

Knuckle!!! 

jamiepeers and baus like this

On 03/04/2016 at 0:48 PM, donnylad said:

I have heard from a mate today that next years MOT will have the OBD plugged in to check the EG|R and DPF are both running as should, and if not they fail the MOT.

Is this true? or even possible. could affect  a lot of us if so...

I saw a facebook rumour about it. Someone screenshotted it from a Transit forum.. 

Hard to know how valid it is though. 

2 hours ago, tej said:

I saw a facebook rumour about it. Someone screenshotted it from a Transit forum..

Hard to know how valid it is though.

Yeah I saw the same thing. I'm sure there is some truth in it....but as someone said above.  I can't see how they'll enforce it on older vehicles.

Is it even possible? plug something in to the OBD port and the scanner looks for 'something'? How does it know what its looking for across so many different manufacturers and models? Is it really possible? I'm guessing there will be a large database its connected to for it to check a target value against, but it will need to be able to read all ECUs, not just the standard OBDII protocols, but proprietor encrypted ECUs?

The rumours have been around for years.. maybe technology has finally caught up and allows the check to be done? but it sounds like a big ask? 

A part of me is still thinking its not going to be possible, at least on cars like the e60.. maybe newer cars have more standardised emissions software (or at least the ability to be read via a standardised OBD protocol). 

But then I feel modern cars have better regeneration systems, so removing a DPF will be less common in newer cars anyway. Not to mention the trend seems to slowly be turning back in to the court of petrol (or even hybrid) cars. 

So maybe all-in-all its a non-issue anyway? 

On 03 April 2016 at 6:11 PM, Knuckle said:

Very enthusiastic!!!

Lol!!!

Knuckle!!!

I might of been looking at it now with a straight head!!!!

but hey nevermind we all have moments!!!! lol

On 03/04/2016 at 2:14 AM, judd1 said:

I have a 535d on a 55!!!

That's a great time is that my audi rs6 managed a 13.4 and that had 480 ps and 700 nm torque not easy to get off the line with these autos without risking gearbox damage 

9 hours ago, donnylad said:

There was a better article in one of the papers, that one is just basically an advert.. 

Many motorists are being “cheated” with DPF deletion services, according to Klarius, who warn that often “the original fault which caused the failure of the DPF” will not have been remedied. 

Lol @ "cheated". More like cheated by BMW who don't tell you which 'original' faults will prevent a regen, or even make it obvious when there are faults with certain things. ie. glow plugs / stats / etc. So you turn up at a dealer, "that'll be £700 for some new glow plugs, and £1200 for a new dpf, sir....".. "What about my thermostats? My car isn't getting up to the correct running temperature" .."There is nothing wrong with them, sir". 

Edited by tej

4 hours ago, rickster147 said:

That's a great time is that my audi rs6 managed a 13.4 and that had 480 ps and 700 nm torque not easy to get off the line with these autos without risking gearbox damage 

Something must be wrong with your Audi, I can manage 13 sec 1/4 miles in my mr2 turbo at 109mph running 285hp and not even on a proper drag track, just an old disused runway here in Northern Ireland we use. there was an RS4 doing 13 seconds also

3 hours ago, mickybo said:

Something must be wrong with your Audi, I can manage 13 sec 1/4 miles in my mr2 turbo at 109mph running 285hp and not even on a proper drag track, just an old disused runway here in Northern Ireland we use. there was an RS4 doing 13 seconds also

Similar BHP/Tonne figures (approx 240bhp/tonne each).. MR and AWD layout will be similar for traction off the line..  sounds about right tbf. 

If anything, there might have been something wrong with your MR2! I could manage 13.5sec and 106mph terminal in a 200SX running 260bhp and a bad launch / poorer traction off the line :lol: (others with similar power reported 12.x times.)

Edited by tej

8 minutes ago, tej said:

Similar BHP/Tonne figures (approx 240bhp/tonne each).. MR and AWD layout will be similar for traction off the line..  sounds about right tbf. 

If anything, there might have been something wrong with your MR2! I could manage 13.5sec and 106mph terminal in a 200SX running 260bhp and a bad launch / poorer traction off the line :lol: (others with similar power reported 12.x times.)

Really bad rear tires, at santa pod with good traction would be mid to low 12's just over here we only have use of an old disused dusty runway at bishopscourt, I'm able to match evo 8's