Ian E

Help! Recoring radiator

Just before I tax the e12, it has sprung a leak from the radiator! Grrr!

BMW want a small fortune for a new one, so can anyone point me towards a company that can rebuild it?

Being an auto it has a built in oil cooler if that helps.

Cheers!

Hi Ian,

They are available from Walloth und Nesch or I got mine rebuilt by a local company KB Radiators, not cheap though at £280, the advantage of getting mine re-built over new was that they put a modern core in, much more cooling fins than standard.

EDIT: BTW they are the same as an E3.

Edited by JAM172

It's going back a fair few years now but we used to get radiators recored by a company known as 'serck marsden'. They'd normally recore a suitable rad within half a day, though we only ever had commercial vehicle radiators done, such as the old ley/daf roadrunner/45 & 55's. They used to have branches all over the place but I had heard they'd gone bust a while back.

The only other firm I've heard of is 'Aaron radiators' in south London. Very well known in vintage and classic car circles. 

The cost and availability of a new unit against a recore should be taken into consideration unless the recore is significantly lower in cost.

Cheers guys! BMW want £500 so I'm hoping a recore will be cheaper. The rad is shared with e3 and e9s only. 

A friend of mine has told me about Serek in Hayes so may drop it off with them.