ellis23

Tyre manufacturer

I'm probably lucky; do 2-3k miles a year, so have no need to worry about tyre wear or fuel economy :lol:

Don't agree that the Vred's are soft; the Ultrac Vorti's I have on mine are bloody hard! They're scrubbed in now and stick to the road VERY well... I've been pushing the car a little harder over the last few days now that the D2's are on and they tyres have really impressed me! 

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Ultrac-Vorti.htm

I used to run contis on all of my cars and vans they are a good tyre dont get me wrong but they wear pretty fast as the compound is softer, i have now switched over to Michelins and will say they do last a lot longer and the price difference between the two is very minimal.   

I'm alright with the conti's as I'm the same as Dan above. Between the last two MOT's I've done 2100 miles..... :ph34r:

They probably go out of date before they're worn.... 

Michelin, Dunlop or Goodyear preference in that order

F1 autocentres have good deals at present on Goodyear fitted

just waiting for the E60 to come back from bodyshop and getting rid of runflats

Jay 

Last October I invested in a set of Michelin Cross Climates.

At the onset of winter I did not change to my winter tyres as usual and stuck with the Michelins.

We have had several fairly heavy dumps of snow locally since then, which have caused havoc with traffic, but I have not had any problems but I do have a lot of confidence in them.

They are very good in the wet also, so in future will stick with them once my original winters are retired.

Conti or Michelin Primacy.  I have 2x Kumho Ecsta SPT which are relatively cheap on the rear and they lack grip compared with the others - They do seem ok in the dry but I've seen the ASC traction light flash on a few times driving in the wet/damp conditions, mainly pulling out of junctions and certainly nothing major but the Conti and Michelin certainly have the edge on these..

I personally out the above choices would avoid the Bridgestones, their current line up of tyres are a fair bit off the market leaders at the moment and I've heard from people that have had them fitted to their performance car from factory and are less than impressed. At the top of their game at the moment are Dunlop who seem to be very strong at the moment and coming out above the rest in tests. One brand I would look at which I've used in the past and currently use a set of winter tyres and am very impressed with and are quite a bit cheaper than other premium tyres is Hankook, very good tyres for the money. The Uniroyal RS3's I've had on a car in the past and although very good in the wet and acceptable in the dry they don't last long if pushed hard, they seem to be quite a soft compound.

Michelin have been brilliant on my smaller vehicles, pe2 and alpin a4's.

got continental on the 17" style 5's for my e34 lasting very well.

nexens were on the 66's I sold, hated them, noisy and sketchy in the wet.

Very good tyres; but I found they wore fairly quickly

But then again; I was ragging the car silly on a weekly basis haha

Having been through the tyres I have over the last few years, I still stand by in saying that the Vred Ultrac Vorti's I've got on currently are the best tyres I've had!

Goodyear I would say uses the best compound - sticky yet doesn't run out like a pencil eraser. I recommend Goodyear Eagle F1's - a tad noisier than Continentals but they stay in good shape throughout their lifetime. Oh and good rim protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk