E28 Bert

What have you done on your E28 this week........

Started to work on #70 complete back to metal, new front panel, rear panel, abs panel and repaired battery panel,

now shells been blasted the smaller holes that could be seen have grown in size but to be fair its not to bad at all, worst bit is passenger inner sill, detached from the floor pan about 8" across, will get replacement panel from doner and get that sorted, will sort some pics as soon as I get some time.

Taken the cover off the car, out of the garage onto the drive, started up first time if not a bit all over the place...cleaned polished and waxed. Next job clean up engine bay..give it a service ,then take a deep breath and find someone to do the exterior bits n bobs. 

IMG_4745.JPG

Finally got to it to convert the type 1 electric seats to the type 2 nutria country to fit the rest of the interior of my 524td.

Now I only have to take the carpet out, put the wiring in and and fit the new seats.

f0dd590b35ca40d8ed67edad3e3c3005.jpg

84720080c5174eba2695f6356d416bc6.jpg

7107e84c66302571e467f671d2e73c5c.jpg

Got an unexpected upgrade for the electric seats in today, memory! So I can rebuild the drivers seat again onto the new memory base frame. Glad I knew I could get this memory set before I put all the wiring in!

77085f6e0f4dff8bc8061b0796bfec0b.jpg

c1a6bec6442c14dc4cf4cc4e49ec6bb8.jpg

And for the 528 I received a nice coarse spline leather steering wheel.

10f126be295135367bd56a3bee45f796.jpg

Fitted a new N/S bonnet catch (finally) - the old one had seized and wouldn't adjust, and would pop open above 80mph.

Also fitted new seals to the fresh air intakes on the bonnet. No idea when I lost the old ones, but have been getting warm air through the vents for far too long!

6 hours ago, Captain Beaky said:

The Little Donkey passed its MOT first time yesterday at a new MOT station, feeling really pleased! 

Hey CB,

Result, but was there ever any doubt.

The little donkey is looking good B)

Regards,

Mick

Edited by Ordnator

13 minutes ago, Ordnator said:

Hey CB,

Result, but was there ever any doubt.

The little donkey is looking good B)

Regards,

Mick

Cheers BIG O

I am pleased it's almost like a second opinion or an independent validation of the car  

There's always a little doubt when going to a new MOT station, a big step for me  Richie No Phone has been my man for 17+ years, he has looked after all my tests, as well all the others i have taken to him, family, friends so on, unfortunately he's gone a little AWOL  ??