E28 Bert

What have you done on your E28 this week........

524 posts in this topic

As the title suggests really, why don't we have a 'what have you done to your E28 this week / month / year' Like in the other E12 / E34 / E39 areas? 

Or is that E28 owners are just lazy and don't do anything :D

Replaced the boot mech (cheers Ja) without losing any fingers lol, fitted my period Blaupunkt complete with iPod conversion, 80's tastic lol!

Ordered a new headlight lens for the one that popped all on its own accord.......

1914636_10153895243351399_15741227062714

I ordered my battery clamp today as per my other post and the mysterious part no.11 in the diagram below which BMW parts dept think is not available but they going to try and get it anyway.........let see what turns up!

image.png

I fitted some new rear brakes and new 16" alloys with V70a tyres, changed a gearbox sensor, refitted the driver's seat, re-jigged the wiring and test-fitted an E36 TPS to one.

Took the boot carpets out ready for a proper cleaning on the other.

Collected my battery clamp from stealer today and fitted, tricky job putting this in place, took me all of 30 secs, back to putting my feet up whilst babysitting the kids!

image.jpeg

sharkfan likes this

Got my hands on a set of BBS RC090's today, bit of a bargain for £500.

Someone has had them apart previously and polished the rims, and are in quite good nick,  they are in need of a polish to make them look nice, however the guy I bought them from has recently put new continental tyres on, new centre caps and gave me a box full of replacement bolts.

They came with the original bolts which are a bit on the dirty side so today I have started removing the bolts with a rubber mallet and punch which was fun! After removing them I put them in a jar of vinegar which will clean them nicely. Tomorrow I will start polishing the bolts with my toothbrush and drill.

image.jpeg

Ordnator likes this

Went to change the handbrake lever as mine has snapped, couldn't figure out how remove the centre console, gave up and resorted to Forza.

It was on spax lowered but I've replaced the fronts with the old springs I removed chopped down a little. The ride is better than expected

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Fitted window seal (cheers Ja), changed brake light bulb and finally got rid of the rear widow maker Infinity ditch finder tyres in favour of some Toyo proxis

I pulled the cover off on the weekend and pumped a tyre up.

If you look carefully it's staring with its one good eye in the background

57153583a11f9_WP_20160417_0061.thumb.jpg

So today the tyre was flat again so I put the cover back on

571536d06ed17_WP_20160418_0021.thumb.jpg

Edited by Captain Beaky
Goldsoul and Ordnator like this

The Diamantschwartz Eta:

Last week:

Fitted a hand brake centre console with electric and heated seat controls along with coin tray.  Purely for decoration until I have the manual seats rebuilt with the heater elements, electric motors and install the looms.

Fitted a repaired and refinished in black large tool tray, boot lid liner and filled it with my old 635csi tool kit.

Today:

Fitted new seals to the refurbished moonroof and fitted into the Eta.  Manual operation until I upgrade to electrical operation when the headliner is replaced in due course.

Replaced the centre console ashtray with the storage tray.

Fitted the rear view mirror and map reading lights.  Again purely for decoration until I build and fit the loom.

Bronzitbeige Eta:

Fitted two heated seat switches to the front centre console either side of the radio for the front seats and two more to the handbrake console for the rear seats.  Also purely for decoration until the manual seats are rebuilt with the heater elements, electric motors and the looms installed.

I have a little bit space in the garage now but the cars are heavier.

Regards,

Mick

To make space for all the work that has been needed on my e12 M535i, I had shipped my beloved e28 528i out to a friends garage and covered it over with dust sheets, that was back in last October, and I had not been back to see it since. It turns out that the garage was very damp and when I went to have a look last weekend the engine bay and some of the paintwork elsewhere was covered in mildew:( This has ruined all the bonnet sound proofing as well as furring up all my polished alloy casings.

Whilst the e12 is away I have bought the 528i home, washed it, detailed all the engine bay and ordered new sound proofing for the bonnet. I still have further detailing work to do but I think it has forgiven me now.