duncan-uk

In memory of Donut

Sorry but this really annoys me...

"In a previous statement last February, Wiltshire Council cabinet member for highways and transport, Philip Whitehead, said: “We are doing a review at the moment of that stretch of road.

“I think the fact that we are looking into it says that we may have some concerns about it.

“The volume of traffic through the junction has increased considerably. I personally do not think there are any problems with it.

“Regarding the death, if the coroner’s report tells us that we need to look at the junction we will do something but we will not react prior to the report.”

I know he is just doing his job but FFS this is killing people!!!

Worth a few emails??

https://cms.wiltshire.gov.uk/mgUserInfo.aspx?UID=4432

Tragic combination - bad junction, young and inexperienced driver, and no seat belt. OK, no guarantee a seat belt would've saved Donut, but his family and friends will always be wondering.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Not the first fatality I read there in the link. Why did it take so long for the layout to be reworked considering the junction's history I wonder....?

Costs maybe...

After 10 years working as a Paramedic please could all people put themselves and their passengers behind seatbelts; I've been to many accidents with occupants wearing and not wearing brlts and whilst there is never any kind of guarantee your chances of survival are generally 100 fold better behind a belt than not.

RIP Donut.

its all very sad

accidents/incidents will always happen

if you start to delve into the "what ifs" you get yourselves into a hugely deep and dark place

the other driver has caused it and will have to live with carrying out actions that led to someones death for 60+ years

we live in a world where these things happen every minute of every day, we just need to make sure we do as many things to protect ourselves as possible should the planets align and the perfect storm occurs for that millisecond in our 70 years

Keep safe

JJ