duncan-uk

In memory of Donut

88 posts in this topic

On 1 March 2016 at 4:14 PM, Saint said:

Council is disgraceful. There is a comment from them that has been added to the paper's report. Acknowledges an increase in traffic, but the bloke from the council adds " I personally do not think there are any problems with it." Of course there @@@@@@@ is if these tragic accidents take place there.

I signed late Monday evening.  Anyway a new update:

2nd March update: Interview with Philip Whitehead reveals that plans for signal changes have been made for September. No plans for lane marking changes as single lane may cause people to jump lights. Review continues. 

Edited by nealpina

Hi everyone,

I hope you don't mind me adding myself on here. I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your friend, he sounded like a really switched on and awesome guy. My name is Kim and I started the petition just under a week before the accident. I saw you posting updates from the page (I Google the campaign to see where it's being responded to etc - and thank you so much to everyone for signing it and helping to really get it noticed) so just wanted to let you know that they already have plans to make changes to the junction in September, although as you'll see, Cllr Whitehead is satisfied with the two lanes as they currently are. Filter lights are apparently being introduced (which will hopefully prevent similar accident's to Sunday's from happening, although obviously it's tragic that they didn't do it before). I want to keep the pressure on them to listen to the comments on the petition whilst designing any new layouts. I though you might appreciate a proper update on it.

My thoughts are with you all.

xx

Raymond, Piper, alpinaman and 4 others like this

Kim, please can you check your messages as my family are very keen to speak with you and directly support your petition. I have sent you my contact numbers in a private message - if you have any trouble retrieving it please post back in here and Sandip will help you get it.  Thank you so much, I hope to speak with you soon.

Yet another serious crash in that area. The more signatures on that petition the better, but sadly too late for donut and others.

http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/14321509.Yet_another_serious_crash_on_A350/?ref=mr&lp=11

Someone must be accountable if not liable for this, no?

I am so angry that a council is blatantly ignoring a life threatening issue with their roads. There used to be a similar issue at the Gleneagles hotel junction off the A9. They changed road markings put in cameras and now and brand new junction with flyovers. In East Kilbride they would put in a huge roundabout (known locally as polo mint city).

Do we name and shame the roads department head chap?

Raymond likes this

Signed.

used to live in  Melksham, that junction scared the bejesus out of me on more than one occasion.

Really really sad news, generous and all round great guy, had the pleasure to meet up with him a couple of times at the BMW meets, really saddened to be greeted with this tragic news. 

DSCF0039_1.JPG

DSCF0046_1.JPG

DSCF0054_1.JPG

DSCF0055_1.JPG

Set 1 (30).JPG

Set 1 (31).JPG

Set 1 (105).JPG

Set 1 (110).JPG

duncan-uk and alun like this

5 minutes ago, REM2000 said:

Really really sad news, generous and all round great guy, had the pleasure to meet up with him a couple of times at the BMW meets, really saddened to be greeted with this tragic news. 

Nice pictures B) I see Fellie's old fiver is on there too...

On 29 March 2016 at 9:52 PM, sandip said:

Some old faces there!

Indeed, I had the old 330 then ! Good times.

Too late for some but if some good can come we should be grateful. If you haven't signed please do.

Carl-e34 likes this