535i Andrew

Tilting Passenger mirror when reversing...

.....mine doesn't do this!

My E60's both did it, engage reverse and providing the mirror adjustment switch was set to drivers side then the passenger mirror would tilt so you could see the kerb when reversing.

My dads '12 F10 530d MSport does this when you engage reverse but I can't get it to happen on mine.  Would have thought it had this feature as they are of similar spec/options list and age

I've tried different combinations of the mirror adjustment switch but no joy.  

Is it an option that I don't have on mine?

Or is it buried away in the iDrive and I've just not worked out how to get it to operate?  If so any clues as to where it might be accessed from in the iDrive?

Or is it not working as some module is not playing ball, just like my second E60 the eyebrows didn't light up when I first got it!

Thanks

2 hours ago, Number5 said:

I thought as long as you have the mirror control switched to the drivers side the passenger side will drop automatically ?

And that is my line of thought.  I'll have a play with the iDrive in the morning to see if I can see anything.

thanks.

Thanks Pottsy

I don't have either, that must be it.  I played with it this morning and looked thru the onboard handbook and didn't happen.

I'll need to check my dads F10 as I'm sure he doesn't have memory seats as he wasn't chuffed after I drove it and of course moved the seat and he had to spend ages fiddling with it to go back to his position:P

3 hours ago, 535iAR said:

I'll need to check my dads F10 as I'm sure he doesn't have memory seats as he wasn't chuffed after I drove it and of course moved the seat and he had to spend ages fiddling with it to go back to his position:P

Checked my my dads vin, he has option 459, seat adjustment electric with memory.  He just obviously didn't know how to work it properly!

I don't have that option, that will be why my mirror doesnae tilt!

My E60s had full electric seats with memory, so that explains it.

T10KJC

Do you have that option/memory seats?

2 hours ago, 535iAR said:

Checked my my dads vin, he has option 459, seat adjustment electric with memory.  He just obviously didn't know how to work it properly!

I don't have that option, that will be why my mirror doesnae tilt!

My E60s had full electric seats with memory, so that explains it.

T10KJC

Do you have that option/memory seats?

No part electric seats , but have powerfold mirrors .