sepia

RIP Donut

230 posts in this topic

On 1 March 2016 at 6:35 PM, sandip said:

Will share once we know.

BMW5 wreath sounds a good idea, sure we could find someone.

Will share once we know.

Will share once we know.

When we log in, we see the 5 logo etc, I'd like to see a pic of the big lad next to that. I met him, he was a proper man, I respected him, I don't respect many. Every time I log in and see he's gone, my stomach goes over. I'm not an emotional sort. But who he was brings emotion, that shows you how special he was.

Because, he spent a lot of his life taking this place from what John built, and making it a bigger and better thing, for the use of all. How great a man is that. 

To to his family I say, you must of been and always will be, of the big man, a very big man in my eyes, that did what he did.

may the thought of him make you smile, even if there is a tear mixed in, remember he would smile with you.

once again, rest easy big fella, rest easy. Respect to you. All the best mate. Tom.

Not been on for a couple weeks. This is a serious shock, rip Darren. Thoughts with his family and the rest of BMW5... What a huge legacy Donut leaves. 

This is my fb profile picture at the moment. And there are a fair few of us using it on e39 club uk. 

FB_IMG_1456773202096.jpg

lildonut, Carl-e34 and kenny like this

Rest well big man, we never met but I enjoyed the usual forum banter.

The Forum, the best forum I've been part of the attitude, approach and all round decency of anyone and everyone on here is the greatest legacy of His forum.

I'm with Tom on this, I started coming on this Board as "Fireman" some 13 yrs ago and prob one of the old Skool lot! Darren had his big feck off 540 that sounded spot on! The first time I met him I couldn't help but like the Fella, proper funny, and completely genuine.. As said he helped me out on several occasions without question, for that he had my utmost respect! Seems everybody shares the same opinion on here too! Around that time this Forum meant a lot to me and gained a few v good mates and shared some grand memories, A couple in particular events were Goodwood with Roofer & Darren, laughed my c0ck off all day!! various meets and the infamous Bunch Of Fives photoshoot with Donut doing what he loved best, yer feckin great Donuts!!

Since Oxo called me on Monday to break the sad news I've felt terrible, I keep coming back to read the posts and that tells me he was special!

I'd like to express my thoughts and prayers to Darren's family x

See you on the other side Big Fella

RIP

Andy  

On 4 March 2016 at 0:12 AM, roofer said:

When we log in, we see the 5 logo etc, I'd like to see a pic of the big lad next to that.

+1

A tragic event like this puts your everyday worries and problems into context. Condolences to Donut's family

Lennox likes this

Couldn't believe this when I read it this morning!  Our thought go to his nearest and dearest.  I never met him myself but irrespective its a sad lost to one and all.  We've made a donation made to the air ambulance appeal today.

My condolences to donuts family and friends, horrible news, I'd never met donut but like many on the forum he created, he sounded like a top bloke and a real enthusiast, the forum he created is the best I've been on, great community of great people, something I'm sure he was very proud of. he'll be sadly missed. R.I.P donut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nomis likes this

So sorry to read this. I remember seeing Donut at a BMWLand* meet many years ago. Sincere condolences.

* Sad also that Matt from BMWLand has passed away too.

Edited by RockyBalboa-UK

RIP Darren. Knew you from the M5Board as us E61 M5 Wagon owners stick together. Havent logged into here for quiet some time but had some dealings back in 2008 on here too. Loved this place when i had my e39. Your legacy will live on here i am sure. Rest Easy. 

This still hasn't sunk in, it's taken me this long to even think what to write.

I first met Darren a couple of years back in a professional capacity, but he soon became a friend also. All I can say is what a top guy, always laughing and joking around, always intrested and asking questions when we worked on his cars, never a bad word to say, a true gent. 

A life taken far to early, there's a lesson to us all to not sweat the small stuff quite so much. You'll be missed dude, R.I.P. 

Lennox likes this

I've not been on here for a while so shocked to see the news of Donut's passing.

I am one of those who had the pleasure and privilege of meeting him at various Forum meets and shows in the relatively early days, a great guy who has done a lot for the Forum and will be sorely missed.

Condolences to his family and friends, R.I.P. Darren

I hope for peace and tranquillity on this very difficult day, our final condolences to the family for the funeral - I think it is today.

Raymond, alpinaman and ustbutler like this

It is Keith. Perhaps we could all take a quiet moment at some point in our day to think of donut and thank him for his legacy and reflect on our own lives.

Thought and sympathy of course with his family.

Raymond, andy-e60, E39mad and 4 others like this

Another bright light has left us but won't be forgotten.

RIP D.