JOhnKE39530d

640d coupe opinions

5 posts in this topic

Toying with the idea of a 640d coupe next to replace the F10 530d. Anyone got a 640d coupe and any feedback ? I know it's the 535d engine and gearbox but anything to be aware of. The GCoupe seems a bit long although the extra practicality may be a bonus. Is it better besides this ?

I went from an F10 recently to a 640d. I loved the F10 (white M sport), and it was certainly a lot more practical, but the styling both external and internal is a different league in the 6 series (IMO).

My F10 was only a 520d M sport as I needed the most fuel efficient engine so in terms of power/performance there is no comparison, but surprisingly the fuel consumption is not that different if you do a lot of motorway mileage as I do, and you are gentle with the big noise peddle! But when you do decide to unleash the 300+ BHP it goes like stink, however, its a big old beast so not what you would call sporty.

The grand coupe will add extra practicality, and it looks amazing, but I no longer needed the back seat access so opted for the coupe.

Basically no, however dad does have a 640i Convertible and absolutely loves it. He manages reasonable economy from it and gets to enjoy having a petrol engine with it. I would very much like a 6 GC my self in the future they really are  a fantastic looking car.