JOhnKE39530d

640d coupe opinions

6 posts in this topic

Toying with the idea of a 640d coupe next to replace the F10 530d. Anyone got a 640d coupe and any feedback ? I know it's the 535d engine and gearbox but anything to be aware of. The GCoupe seems a bit long although the extra practicality may be a bonus. Is it better besides this ?

I went from an F10 recently to a 640d. I loved the F10 (white M sport), and it was certainly a lot more practical, but the styling both external and internal is a different league in the 6 series (IMO).

My F10 was only a 520d M sport as I needed the most fuel efficient engine so in terms of power/performance there is no comparison, but surprisingly the fuel consumption is not that different if you do a lot of motorway mileage as I do, and you are gentle with the big noise peddle! But when you do decide to unleash the 300+ BHP it goes like stink, however, its a big old beast so not what you would call sporty.

The grand coupe will add extra practicality, and it looks amazing, but I no longer needed the back seat access so opted for the coupe.

Basically no, however dad does have a 640i Convertible and absolutely loves it. He manages reasonable economy from it and gets to enjoy having a petrol engine with it. I would very much like a 6 GC my self in the future they really are  a fantastic looking car.

By far and away the most tempting car on the market for me at the moment...would be nice to here any long term owners review,well as long term as they've been around anyway..

im praying they are generally trouble free.

so much about BMW reliability is making me think twice.