MFM

ABS(Trifecta) lights and MOT

Is this an MOT failure? I believe the way they test it is to switch on the ignition, the ABS lights come on, they start the car and the lights go off. This all still happens but the ABS lights come back on after a while, especially if the engine is hot.

As long as it comes on for a few seconds and goes out and doesnt illuminate during the test you should be good.

Hmmm. Seeing as they usually let the car idle for a long time the lights are almost sure to come back on before the test is over. 

Is there anyone who has had an MOT done under these circumstances?

Is this an MOT failure? I believe the way they test it is to switch on the ignition, the ABS lights come on, they start the car and the lights go off. This all still happens but the ABS lights come back on after a while, especially if the engine is hot.

Technically yes. But in practice, it depends on whether the examiner notices or not.

http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_340.htm

I've had cars where the light went off when it was meant to, but then came back on again after the car was driven. And by driven, I mean more than a few yards in an MOT bay.

Edited by 12quidkidinnit

Depends if he notices.

Or just tell him that it may come back on but "don't even worry about it bruv"

Lol. Guess I better try and sort it out before it's MOT time.