h8kky

lowering springs

Eurocar Parts do H&R kits at a reasonable price, even better if you get them while a discount code is running.

They're a good brand and I'm happy with how much they have lowered my 535d Sport, it's noticeably lower than when it was on the standard sport springs but not too low as to cause issues with day to day items like speed bumps or kerbs. They are noticeably stiffer but have retained the original ride quality which is nice.

If you put your car details in eurocarparts it will tell you the kit options and how much it will lower it by. I think I went for the 35mm kit however it's worth noting that I think the lowering amount they quote is based on standard spring height (SE model) so if you are already on sport springs then it won't lower as much.

I think Eibach do a Sportline spring kit that will take you lower but I wasn't willing to go that far as I felt it would ruin the compliant ride too much for a road car.

If you are looking for extreme lowering or to be able to change it to your liking you might be better looking at a coilover kit.

The Eibach Sportlines in Bob's pic look like a good drop if you are running standard wheels. I'm running 19 inch X5 wheels which are 9 inches wide up front and 10 inches wide in the rear so I wanted to keep a little arch room to run the correct size tyres, I don't care for stretched tyres on wide wheels.

Im running Eibachs, £135 straight from Germany. Theyre progressive, so maintain a good ride while improving handling on s spirited drive

Have you got the link, and which eibach ones did you go for?

I would also be interested in seeing some pics. I am looking at lowering my E60 SE but am unsure as to what height? at the moment I am on standard wheels but was looking to upgrade to 19" staggered

( http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheels/axe/ex14/black-polished/19-inch-wider-rear

Thoughts ???

Thanks, I only mentioned the M Sort springs as they only drop 20 mm so wouldn't look out of place with 17" wheels. The two you mention drop 30 mm.

Saying that Ive looked at a coil over kit (cheap) that drops from 20 - 90mm. Wondering if its worth a punt.